Felix Okpara commits to Vols!

I don't happen to agree that Aidoo was a "turnover machine", but I do remember games when he couldn't catch a pass cleanly. It would disrupt the play, and he'd either take an awkward shot or have to kick it out for a reset. On the other hand, there were games where they'd say, "Aidoo with rebound number 8"; and I couldn't remember more than two.

I don't happen to agree that Aidoo was a "turnover machine", but I do remember games when he couldn't catch a pass cleanly. It would disrupt the play, and he'd either take an awkward shot or have to kick it out for a reset. On the other hand, there were games where they'd say, "Aidoo with rebound number 8"; and I couldn't remember more than two.
He had a lot of turnovers when he caught the ball,in the paint and tried to dribble and when he brings the ball down to his waist and knees before get a shot off. As the season progressed, his range in the paint grew shorter and he did not dunk the ball over the defense.

This is a horrible comparison. As a sophomore this past year he averaged numbers Uros never got to, and he averaged nearly 2.5 blocks per game. Which is absolutely incredible for just playing like 24 minutes. Hes athletic and has a super high ceiling whereas Uros was unathletic and he just liked to rough people up. Okpara can be as good or better than Aidoo.
Tbf, Uros is tearing it up professionally right now. He's changed his body and can shoot from almost anywhere. I've watched a few of his highlights from this season and he's often leading his team in scoring.

VN Store

Back