Heupel ranked 23 best coach.

I would get worked up, but it is hard to take these guys seriously when they put out rankings like this.

Stoops has been “a great coach at a lousy program” for a decade. You would think at some point the storyline would have to change.

If stoops is so good, why is he still at uk?

It’s not disrespect! And he’s not unlikable! But nobody wants to have to deal with him because he exposes their weakness! Other coaches do not want to play him! And they don’t want him to succeed! Because it makes their life a little harder! For him to ever get another coach of the year he will really have to get to the top of the mountain! So when some fool says there are twenty five coaches better, just smile and know why!

It's a recency bias in the case of Drinkwitz. Not only does Heupel have a winning record over Drinkwitz .... His wins were 62-24 in Columbia and 66-24, but just because Missouri was better last season ....

There is no reason for Stoops to be ahead, though. Heupel is 3-0 and 2 of those games were in Lexington. The game in Knoxville was a blowout. That is just plain bias.

Tennessee does seem to get short shrift in these off-season, subjective opinion lists.
No reason for stoops to be anywhere on this list at all. Teams that have a better coach than Kentucky imo:

Tennessee
Bama
Georgia
Auburn
Ole Miss
Mississippi State (Lebby was a great hire)
Texas
Oklahoma
LSU

Teams that have a coach close to even with Kentucky, but each team could at least argue their coach is better:

Florida
South Carolina
Missouri
A&M
Arkansas

Teams that Kentucky can confidently say they have a better coach than:

Vanderbilt.

He’s a bottom half of the league coach. I almost peed myself when I saw his name above heupel’s. High comedy.

Last little opinion, Bama’s coach is waaay too high, and might not be on the list in 3 years.

Reactions: VolForLife83
They probably ranked Stoops higher because he can beat a garbage Florida program on a regular basis. Who knows?
Well he’s 4-7 against Florida, but let’s not facts get in the way. Heup will have a better win % against Florida by the end of the day on October 12th.

Stoops is ranked higher because Vol Twitter will run up clicks in annoyance of Stoops being higher when everyone knows Heup is a better coach. .

Reactions: MemphisVol77
Drink is a clown. He took advantage of a weak schedule.

Their schedule this year is also a cakewalk. They will probably go 9-3 or 10-2. We would DEFINITELY go 10-2 with their schedule. Maybe better. Then Flarduh got a gauntlet. Their schedule is hardest I have ever seen in 47 years of life. They may go 2-10. There is a Zero% chance they win 6 and make a bowl game. Zero.

Reactions: give_him 6
I really don't care. Heupel hasn't been at Tennessee long enough to be graded accurately in these rankings anyways. I think at some point, he probably needs to find a way to knock off Georgia to get very high in these rankings.

I will say this, though, at least he is in the discussions unlike the last three duds we had and I am glad to have him in Knoxville.

Heupel just looks like a good coach because of his system and the culture he recruits to.

Take those away and he's an average coach.

Those are almost 100% fair weather writers praising these coaches.Stoops is a good coach if you are satisfied with8-5.Sportswriters have been pumping up Drink ever since he got to Mizzo.Let's see if he continues his run or not.Watch Coach Heupel leapfrog several if this season plays out as we want.

Heupel just looks like a good coach because of his system and the culture he recruits to.

Take those away and he's an average coach.
🤣 LOL, this is the actual logic of the "Fulmer wasn't crap wo Cutcliff" or the "Jordan sudden crap wo Pippen" etc types. 🤦

In my opinion, Mark Stoops could not carry Josh Heupel's jock strap !!!! Also, Drinklots at Missouri sucks !

I simply don’t get the Stoops love. He has been at KY long enough to have produced a top team if he were a good coach. They’re not ranked in anyone top 25, yet TN is. The guy at Kansas has made them competitive in two years, and they were a historically bad program. Stoops’ teams start off great until they face real competition.
It’s gotta be the last name. This guy gets more praise for being mediocre than anyone I’ve ever seen.

Reactions: ReelfootVol

VN Store

Back