Tennessee Lady Vol News

Spencer and Dauda are very close.

And there was no indication Spencer was coming to Tennessee and then she did. I would not be at all shocked to see Dauda on Rocky Top playing with Spencer again.

They are all over each others socials and have the same nail guy in Rogers. That’s Samara’s girl.
There were many signs with Spencer…

She’s gotten as many McDonald’s All Americans in 5 weeks as the previous staff did in 5 years.
In fairness to the previous staff, they recruited 3 McD AAs: Rickea Jackson, Jillian Hollingshed and Talaysia Cooper. The only one that Caldwell signed was Ruby Whitehorn.

On paper, this is a talented team with potential, but they need to back it up with results.

Let’s breakdown our predictions for the conference schedule.

16-game SEC schedule awaiting first-year UT head coach Kim Caldwell.

Home
Alabama- Win
Auburn- Win
Georgia- Win
LSU- Loss
Mississippi State- Win
Ole Miss- Win
Oklahoma- Win
South Carolina- loss

On the road
Arkansas- win
Florida- win
Kentucky- win
LSU- loss
Missouri- win
Texas- loss
Texas A&M- win
Vanderbilt- win

Attachments

• FB9A9B64-D45D-4C9D-AB84-216F5ABF4A9E.jpeg
    FB9A9B64-D45D-4C9D-AB84-216F5ABF4A9E.jpeg
    101.7 KB · Views: 1
Reactions: TNRazor

Home
Alabama- Win
Auburn- Win
Georgia- Win
LSU- Loss
Mississippi State- Win
Ole Miss- Win
Oklahoma- Win
South Carolina- loss

On the road
Arkansas- win
Florida- win
Kentucky- win
LSU- loss
Missouri- win
Texas- loss
Texas A&M- win
Vanderbilt- win

We running the sec

Win win win win

Reactions: Volsfan2018

This is awesome!

LV tennis coach Alison Ojeda's team just knocked off undefeated and 1-seed Oklahoma State to advance as an Elite Eight to the National Championship tournament. Here she is saying she employed an idea she learned from Vols baseball coach Tony Vitello in the upset win.

You may remember a reporter recently asked Vols men's basketball coach Rick Barnes about Coach Caldwell, and he said: "We watched a little film together.... You can just tell from her insight, she knows what she’s doing.... I think I can learn from her.” (#10,277)

Barnes spoke to LV tennis after a practice this week, encouraging them about this sweet opportunity. Senior Lauren Anzalotta said “I think we’ve been able to process the fact that we’re a really good team,” “I think we knew that the whole season. It just gave us extra confirmation that we can win a national championship.”

Ojeda mentioned former women’s basketball coach Pat Summitt in this context, “Pat used to talk all the time about surrounding yourself with excellence and that’s what we’re seeing” on and and between Tennessee teams, excelling across the board, supporting and learning from one another.

LV tennis's Esther Adeshina -- who beat previously unbeaten Kristina Novak on Saturday -- received messages from UT swimmers and men’s tennis players, among others, after the match. “I think that seeing the other teams do well really spurs us on to do well,” she said. “We push each other to strive for greatness.”

“Let’s say we have a really tough practice,” Coach Ojeda said, “and then two of our players go to Vol Leaders class and softball comes in, and football comes in, and they start having a conversation. They’re now surrounded with athletes who say, ‘Yeah, I remember a practice like that. Here’s what we did.’ Next thing you know, instead of that player possibly complaining or being frustrated, they’re like ‘Oh yeah, we can do that.’ ”

Coaches, players, and fans of every Tennessee sport are making this "All for one and one for all" advantage happen. That's what people mean by "everything school."

Last edited:

This is awesome!

LV tennis coach Alison Ojeda's team just knocked off undefeated and 1-seed Oklahoma State to advance as an Elite Eight to the National Championship tournament. Here she is saying she employed an idea she learned from Vols baseball coach Tony Vitello in the upset win.

You may remember a reporter recently asked Vols men's basketball coach Rick Barnes about Coach Caldwell, and he said: "We watched a little film together.... You can just tell from her insight, she knows what she’s doing.... I think I can learn from her.” (#10,277)

Barnes spoke to LV tennis after a practice this week, encouraging them about this sweet opportunity. Senior Lauren Anzalotta said “I think we’ve been able to process the fact that we’re a really good team,” “I think we knew that the whole season. It just gave us extra confirmation that we can win a national championship.”

Ojeda mentioned former women’s basketball coach Pat Summitt in this context, “Pat used to talk all the time about surrounding yourself with excellence and that’s what we’re seeing” on and and between Tennessee teams, excelling across the board, supporting and learning from one another.

LV tennis's Esther Adeshina -- who beat previously unbeaten Kristina Novak on Saturday -- received messages from UT swimmers and men’s tennis players, among others, after the match. “I think that seeing the other teams do well really spurs us on to do well,” she said. “We push each other to strive for greatness.”

“Let’s say we have a really tough practice,” Coach Ojeda said, “and then two of our players go to Vol Leader class and softball comes in, and football comes in, and they start having a conversation. They’re now surrounded with athletes who say, ‘Yeah, I remember a practice like that. Here’s what we did.’ Next thing you know, instead of that player possibly complaining or being frustrated, they’re like ‘Oh yeah, we can do that.’ ”

Coaches, players, and fans of every Tennessee sport are making this "All for one and one for all" advantage happen.

Love it.

It would have totally excluded her earlier interest in UT. Articles about Rickea’s recruitment out of the portal to us always included that we were among her finalists out of hs. It is just part of the complete story.
Why is it a bad thing that Ruby had a previous interest in being a Lady Vol? I’m glad CKC is on board but let’s be clear she (like Kellie and Holly) is the beneficiary of the Lady Vol history, brand, fan base and top notch facilities. She would not have gotten these transfers if she had been named the new coach at Tennessee Tech. She is fortunate and I believe she knows it. She said in an interview she wakes up and still can’t believe it.
Let’s just be happy with our great new transfers and accept and honor their paths to our program.

I think you are correct in your assessment. The few times I have heard Coach Caldwell speak, I think she would and has agreed.

However, for transparency, when articulating your vision to potential recruits, it probably helps if you have had incredible success implementing that vision. Winning her conference championship 7 years out of 8 makes Coach a great match to add to Tennessee's legacy. Winning a national championship (regardless of level) helps as well.

If anyone wants to know why Coach Caldwell couldn't get it done in that 8th year. I don't know for sure. Been busy supporting Coach Weekly and the SEC championship winning softball team. But if I had to guess. She may be human after all. Just a guess!

I think you are correct in your assessment. The few times I have heard Coach Caldwell speak, I think she would and has agreed.

However, for transparency, when articulating your vision to potential recruits, it probably helps if you have had incredible success implementing that vision. Winning her conference championship 7 years out of 8 makes Coach a great match to add to Tennessee's legacy. Winning a national championship (regardless of level) helps as well.

If anyone wants to know why Coach Caldwell couldn't get it done in that 8th year. I don't know for sure. Been busy supporting Coach Weekly and the SEC championship winning softball team. But if I had to guess. She may be human after all. Just a guess!
The year that she didn’t win the conference was a covid year…. they only played 16 games…. 12 conference games where they finished 10-2….. The following season was the year that she won a national championship.

Love your posts Krich, but the only visit mentioned in the article was that Ruby was coming to visit TN on the day that DW let our Coach go, so not a recruiting miss by our staff and picking another school. Do not know if she visited any time prior to this year.
You're very kind. And, I'm very sorry.

So, apparently, while still in high school, Ruby Whitehorn had unreciprocated interest in attending U T? Her coach at Clemson, Amanda Butler, was recently fired, which likely prompted Miss Whitehorn's portal entry? Coach Harper and Staff, with new or renewed interest, set up a visit for April 1st, which was abruptly cancelled upon Kellie's firing.

Coach Caldwell then successfully recruited Ruby Whitehorn. Of course, we can never know, but, it's reasonable to consider that Coach Harper would have also been successful, and yet, that's not how I framed it. Upon rereading, I'm embarrassed as to how I missed something so obvious, and, I appreciate your very politely pointing this out. I'm also sorry to have taken so long to respond.

Home
Alabama- Win
Auburn- Win
Georgia- Win
LSU- Loss
Mississippi State- Win
Ole Miss- Win
Oklahoma- Win
South Carolina- loss

On the road
Arkansas- win
Florida- win
Kentucky- win
LSU- loss
Missouri- win
Texas- loss
Texas A&M- win
Vanderbilt- win
Mostly agree with your spin. There are however two games that seem like tossups at this early stage...

Home
Alabama- Win
Auburn- Win
Georgia- Win
LSU- Loss
Mississippi State- Win
Ole Miss- Win
Oklahoma- ?
South Carolina- Loss

On the road
Arkansas- win
Florida- win
Kentucky- ?
LSU- loss
Missouri- win
Texas- loss
Texas A&M- win
Vanderbilt- win

Mostly agree with your spin. There are however two games that seem like tossups at this early stage...

Home
Alabama- Win
Auburn- Win
Georgia- Win
LSU- Loss
Mississippi State- Win
Ole Miss- Win
Oklahoma- ?
South Carolina- Loss

On the road
Arkansas- win
Florida- win
Kentucky- ?
LSU- loss
Missouri- win
Texas- loss
Texas A&M- win
Vanderbilt- win
Agree with this take Rooster. Games that jump out as huge games to me are Alabama and Ole Miss at home, along w Oklahoma. Absolute best case scenario to play our closest competition all at home. Win two of those three and the LVs are in business.

VN Store

Back