'24 TN CB Jaren Sensabaugh

Why getting a highly rated DL is/was so important in this class.

I cannot for the love of me understand how we have whiffed so badly here.

And before the Orange Tinters come to shoot me. We played well enough to win 8 games. Imagine if we've stuff Misery and Flarduh.
Ah but we didn’t need an elite interior DL like Walter Nolen. Apparently he is a locker room cancer (even though there is zero proof of it). Is Missouri’s DL more highly rated than ours?

Ah but we didn’t need an elite interior DL like Walter Nolen. Apparently he is a locker room cancer (even though there is zero proof of it). Is Missouri’s DL more highly rated than ours?
So you KNOW... as in objectively have proof... that Nolen had interest in playing for UT but the staff told him no? He chose A&M. There were rumors of bad feelings between him and the staff. But if I were him the thing that would linger with me more was how fans reacted. Now he chose Ole Miss. Seems he doesn't really want to "come home".

In the age of the portal, it is ALWAYS best for fans to show respect when a recruit chooses someone else. Being a viable future option is pretty important.

IMHO, it takes a particular kind of player to be coached by Garner. The question that has to be asked is why guys aren't clamoring to play for someone as respected and successful as Garner. That's especially the case when UT has shown they play 3 deep on the DL including some Freshmen.

There aren't a lot of ways to avoid DL recruiting being a disappointment for the last couple of years. None of the more obvious reasons seem to make sense.

So you KNOW... as in objectively have proof... that Nolen had interest in playing for UT but the staff told him no? He chose A&M. There were rumors of bad feelings between him and the staff. But if I were him the thing that would linger with me more was how fans reacted. Now he chose Ole Miss. Seems he doesn't really want to "come home".

In the age of the portal, it is ALWAYS best for fans to show respect when a recruit chooses someone else. Being a viable future option is pretty important.

IMHO, it takes a particular kind of player to be coached by Garner. The question that has to be asked is why guys aren't clamoring to play for someone as respected and successful as Garner. That's especially the case when UT has shown they play 3 deep on the DL including some Freshmen.

There aren't a lot of ways to avoid DL recruiting being a disappointment for the last couple of years. None of the more obvious reasons seem to make sense.
Coach RG is old school in every way. A lot of these kids now are soft mentally and want to be pampered. RG isn't having any of that in his recruiting, and especially not once you get on campus.

Coach RG is old school in every way. A lot of these kids now are soft mentally and want to be pampered. RG isn't having any of that in his recruiting, and especially not once you get on campus.
Agreed. But... it has to work. It isn't easy to get me "nervous" about stuff like this... but the DL depth and roster make me a little nervous.

Agreed. But... it has to work. It isn't easy to get me "nervous" about stuff like this... but the DL depth and roster make me a little nervous.
I get it, but I also think a veteran heavy depth chart has hurt some as well. Most of these premier interior DL want to play immediately. Not many are willing to spend two years on campus before getting a chance to start.

Reactions: Orange.

I dont trash recruits when they pick some other team but I’m not kissing butt hoping to get them after their breakup.

Reactions: WesTnVol

VN Store

Back