Buc-ee's

Next comes the dollar store invasion. I've seen it happen.

I'd happily reject all this garbaging of America in my town.

On what grounds would you reject Buc-ees?Not a crime area as far as I know? As long as there is adequate road design I believe most municipalities would welcome them for the property and sales tax they provide.

We've only visited one time. By far the cleanest reastrooms I've seen while traveling.

Not my cup of tea, but "one man's trash is another man's treasure".

Well, I had my Buc-ees experience today for the first time (Probably last for a while) It was fun,but a tad overwhelming with the people and the lack of common sense and courtesy. Of course it was Pigeon Forge on a weekend so I wasn't surprised. Never thought I'd speak so highly of public restrooms,but they were everything they were cracked up to be.

Got through half of it since we're going somewhere else to eat,and was overwhelmed with the sea of humanity. They pay well if you can deal with the retail side of it all. Gas isn't too pricey either. However, I had my Buc-ees experience and it's out of the way,survived it and got the T-shirt (literally among some other souvenirs) Another thing was that they had almost everything yet a bunch of nothing if that makes sense. It's marked off my to-do list now.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/10/01/travel/bucees-gas-station-convenience-popularity-cec/index.html

Buc-ee’s was exclusive to the Lone Star State for most of its history, built along the highway exits between the Texas Triangle, the area where the major cities of Dallas, Houston, Austin and San Antonio are concentrated. And its devout customers are often Texans, who feel a strong sense of brand loyalty to the chain that’s still true to its roots even when it’s transplanted to Florida, Georgia or Tennessee.

Last edited:
Well, I had my Buc-ees experience today for the first time (Probably last for a while) It was fun,but a tad overwhelming with the people and the lack of common sense and courtesy. Of course it was Pigeon Forge on a weekend so I wasn't surprised. Never thought I'd speak so highly of public restrooms,but they were everything they were cracked up to be.

Got through half of it since we're going somewhere else to eat,and was overwhelmed with the sea of humanity. They pay well if you can deal with the retail side of it all. Gas isn't too pricey either. However, I had my Buc-ees experience and it's out of the way,survived it and got the T-shirt (literally among some other souvenirs) Another thing was that they had almost everything yet a bunch of nothing if that makes sense. It's marked off my to-do list now.
I think it makes perfect sense. I love seeing people around wearing Bucees T Shirts, as if it's a place of opulence & luxury. Even better is seeing them in Pigeon Forge. LOL, as if to say 'yea, I was there, 1.5 miles down on the right.'

I think it makes perfect sense. I love seeing people around wearing Bucees T Shirts, as if it's a place of opulence & luxury. Even better is seeing them in Pigeon Forge. LOL, as if to say 'yea, I was there, 1.5 miles down on the right.'

Hey now....😂It was just something to cross off the to-do list,and while Buc-ees is what it is,getting a T-shirt wasn't the worst thing in the world.

I don’t understand the phenomenon of Buccees. I stopped at one about a month ago when I was back in Tennessee visiting and yes it’s got everything but it took 30 min in traffic just to get in the place. I’ll never go back, sometimes the juice isn’t worth the squeeze

Texan here with years of Buc-ee's experience. Most complaints I see are about the crowds. There is a huge difference in crowds on weekdays vs. the weekend. If you don't like to fight the crowd, go on a weekday if it's convenient.

That red bar could go longer.

Also, somewhere in there you have to include “stare at the drink wall and decide which 3 flavors you’re mixing in your 44oz cup because you want to try them all but there aren’t enough cup holders in the van”.

Or is that just me?

That red bar could go longer.

Also, somewhere in there you have to include “stare at the drink wall and decide which 3 flavors you’re mixing in your 44oz cup because you want to try them all but there aren’t enough cup holders in the van”.

Or is that just me?
Not me, i always get the pineapple cream soda.

We went for the first time this weekend. We didn't buy anything, but yep wandered around aimlessly.
I usually get a sandwich and beaver nuggets. Last time I stopped was the morning on the way back to Florida last year to get Tiffany. I got a breakfast brisket burrito, it was good. Pretty good food for a gas station 🤣

I usually get a sandwich and beaver nuggets. Last time I stopped was the morning on the way back to Florida last year to get Tiffany. I got a breakfast brisket burrito, it was good. Pretty good food for a gas station 🤣
Go for the Bucee Chips. Home made tater chips. They were very good.

Bucees will be about our half way point tonight on the way way to Covington, GA. My wife will have me stop there for the restrooms.

Reactions: Go aeiou
I've started skipping Bucees during daylight hours. Too busy and too much time to get in/out. Sandwiches aren't cheap any more.

I'll stop in over night or super early if I need gas or a drink.

Also, many people aren't aware you can refill any washable cup for $0.69. Got a huge gallon thermos? $0.69 to fill it.

VN Store

Back