The Official #4 Tennessee vs #15 Kentucky Game Thread, Saturday 4:00 PM EST/CBS

pretty much my point. Kentucky played a good game by their standards and we played a bad one by ours, and we loss by 4 points. Shows you the pecking order ain’t what it used to be.

You clearly didn't get his point.

There was 10+ seconds left, brother. You let Knecht get open and give him the ball.
Knecht was doubled on the far side of the court. Prior to that shot, Josiah was shooting 40% from three. When a 40% shooter gets a look at a three with ten seconds, you take it. I’m not sure what world you’re in where they are going to get another open look from DK.

I will repeat this until the day I die even if no one agrees with me: its not always that good teams find a way to win, but bad teams find a way to lose.
What is the relevance to this game? Neither of the 2 teams in this game are anywhere near the zipcode of bad teams. So whats your point?

Are you saying that after winning the SEC the act of losing to a team that likely has 4-5 guys drafted this year makes us bad?

edit: nevermind I was informed it was a reference to the lady vols... nothing to see here

Last edited:
She probably loses the team after that one

Maybe, but I don’t think so. The team likes her. They’ll all be disappointed, but I think the effort will still be there in the NCAAT.

The problem is that as we saw today, great effort isn’t enough to outrun amateur level coaching. She will be the coach next season to the dismay of many, but that’ll be it for her. Without Rickea, it’ll be a train wreck season.

Edit: unless she is fortunate enough to land a couple of female Dalton Knecht’s.

Last edited:
UK shooting over 50% from 3 is impressive. If someone gets bored please go back and see how many 3s we had rim out. Tough breaks.

Reactions: LibertyVol
The free throw shooting has got to be better if we are going to make a run. We will be in games where the better free throw shooting team is absolutely going to win in the tourney. Ziegler is 72% at the line this year, Aidoo 62%, Knecht 76.3%.
I'm still wondering why Gainey was the one shooting the free throws on the techical.

5-2 against the 4 SEC teams tied for 2nd

We competed and played like it mattered, shots just didn’t fall and we didn’t get many free throws in the second half.

Get rested and win the SECT too, if that doesn’t lock a 1 seed we were never getting it.

Exactly.

Reactions: MoCo_Vol
Shouldn't have fouled before half court. They would have to heave an almost impossible shot. Instead gave them a set play.
They actually did foul before it got to half court. That’s how they had the ball there. Could have fouled again but there was nobody near the ball to foul. If they fouled Cardoso, she would have gotten 3 free throws because she immediately put up the shot. Best bet would have at least to have had someone in front of her with token pressure. No chance she hits that shot with even token defense. As it was our girls were all packed back in the lane. Just got beat by a lucky shot.

so, honestly feels pretty good to be in this game at the end after shooting 38%

the thing that stands out to me is free throw shooting. we were 13/19 they were 16/18. If we are better at the line its a one possession game. If we match Kentucky's performance we take them into overtime.
If. If you do this or do that…. If. They didn’t, period. You can’t expect to have DK carry the team in every game. Tennessee better find some other players who will step up or it will be an early exit from the NCAAT. Credit to Kentucky, they played a helluva game.

VN Store

Back