Official Game Thread - SECT: Friday, 1pm (ESPN) vs. MSU

I think Car got the short end of the stick to be honest. He is way more talented than JJJ and Santi and they got all the minutes. Barnes could have slowly brought him along. Santi and JJJ and a weak Aidoo will be the reason Tn gets sent home in the tourney
Maybe, but 67 other teams will get sent home for specific reasons also

I do not remember a single game in Tennessee Athletic history where the team showed less heart and less pride in wearing the Orange and White. They got punched in the nose early and they just flat out quit. They never attacked the rim nor did they defend it. They just flat out quit.

Not a fan of TN football, eh?

I agree with Dykes when he said State matches up with us really well. Long and physical, all good defenders. But again we were a no show and that ain’t acceptable. Nobody is that good where they think they can just show up and beat a team of State’s caliber.

The good news is I don’t have to watch anymore basketball this weekend until the selection show. We’ll still get a 2 seed because I don’t think they pay much attention to the conference tournaments and a regular season title says more. Still think we make the Sweet Sixteen and then it’s all about the matchups. See y’all next week.

Hindsight is always 20/20. I would’ve expected Vescovi to get out of his funk at some point, but he hasn’t. It’s tough to watch
Barnes told him to shoot more, but I don't think that works this year-- just play the way they have played--he's good on defense. He really got the Mark Wohlers curse or something.

I'd rather Tenn flat out suck than this crap. Can Barnes and get a tourney coach or zero NIL to basketball, put it all in football & baseball.

I think Car got the short end of the stick to be honest. He is way more talented than JJJ and Santi and they got all the minutes. Barnes could have slowly brought him along. Santi and JJJ and a weak Aidoo will be the reason Tn gets sent home in the tourney

Hard to know for sure without having access to practice

To your point, it's hard to imagine Carr giving up enough defense to make the disparity between in SV/JJJ make sense.

They will survive the 1st weekend but after that all bets are off. I would not put money on them in the 1st weekend
With play like this I wouldn't count on us winning our first game. Ms, is probably as good or better than the first team we play. With that said, I have seen us play some terrible games this year and bounce back with a very good game. Wen we play our best we can beat any team in the country, but games like today anyone in the NCAA tourney can beat us.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
According to Ron Slay yesterday on 104.5 The Zone, we held a “rough” practice and looked dialed in and playing aggressive defense against one another. He said he was there for an hour and Knecht only missed one shot during the whole thing.

Same. I'm still in the crowd of they do bring a lot of good to the table, but my first preference would have been to replace them. I don't blame them or the staff for taking them back though, it wasn't a bad idea.

I wonder where we would be if they hadn't came back and Carr/Dillione/ Mashack got those minutes.

VN Store

Back