Who is on the team next year?

Omaha Biliew entered yesterday.​

No clue his bball IQ but he was highly thought of out of high school and the measurable fit the bill.

I'm surprised at the number of ISU guys in the portal already.

The closest thing I could find is Matt Allocco, SG, 6'4 from Princeton
12.7ppg, 2.9rpg, 3.3apg, shooting 50%, 42% from 3pt, and 90.9% from FT.

Before Cam Spencer got to UCONN (At Rutgers) he's average was:
13.2ppg, 3.8rpg, 3.1apg, shooting 44.4%, 43.4% from 3pt, and 89.4% from FT. Cam also averaged better defensive stats.

Just don't see it. It's gonna take some major improvement by one of those guys. Neither has any shooting range or a good floor game to play a four in modern offenses. I mean we will see it some but Barnes was very reluctant to play them together this season for the same reason.
Maybe not. Could depend on who we get in the portal, but it wasn't that long ago when Kyle Alexander and Grant Williams started together. Grant only shot one 3 pt attempt per game over his college career.

If you think Vescovi's been a non-factor this season then you didn't pay attention.
Have you watched any games this year? Let's just say the last 5 games. What's he done? Defense is great but what else? Shack is at least as good defensively.

There's a Nigerian basketball player by the name of Abiodun Adegoke, he stands 7'11....GO GET HIM lmaoooooo

He's 23, he may have 1 year of eligibility hahaha

Reactions: CNeagleVolFan
Have you watched any games this year? Let's just say the last 5 games. What's he done? Defense is great but what else? Shack is at least as good defensively.
So you've backed off of 'he was a non-factor' and now your complaint is only about offense. Keep going and you'll get there.
I watched about every game this year.

So you've backed off of 'he was a non-factor' and now your complaint is only about offense. Keep going and you'll get there.
I watched about every game this year.
Total non factor offensively. That better for you? We needed offensive help, he offered almost none.

Hate to say it but I think Jonas may take a hard look at the portal. Got benched the last two games and I’m sure Barnes wasn’t happy with the effort. When Awaka got in trouble he turned to a 19 year old green kid rather than putting Aidoo back in. I might be off but it wouldn’t shock me if he looks for a fresh start elsewhere.

Watching the Locked On Vols mailbag podcast with Eric Cain and he speculated that Dillone and Jefferson could be portal bound while Aidoo tests the NBA Draft.

Vescovi did lots of great things. Rebounding defense, passing, etc. He got the yips shooting, not sure if it was mental or coaching.

JJJ had some big shots, but still was inconsistent offensively. His defense was solid.

Losing Vescovi hurts more than people here realize, but hopefully scoring may increase to offset. We'll see.

Barnes & Co will need to have a great year in the portal for next year’s team to be in the NCAA tournament.

I have heard more than once that to get to the Sweet Sixteen you need two outstanding players. To get to the Elite Eight, you need three. To get to the Final Four, you need four. And to win the whole thing, you need five (and a good bench as well).

And with the transfer portal, it is actually possible to get such a team fairly quickly. We shall see.
Or least playing well though the tournament. Lots of teams have made final fours with only 1 or 2 "outstanding" players.

Watching the Locked On Vols mailbag podcast with Eric Cain and he speculated that Dillone and Jefferson could be portal bound while Aidoo tests the NBA Draft.
Cain is clueless and knows nothing about college basketball. He mostly gets his opinions from message boards like this one or just parots what Rob says.

Reactions: Rocky Top T
Great passer.
Boerwinkle played many years for the Chicago Bulls, good D big would have loved to see him D up Edey. Edey will see a much faster pace in NBA and they don't call 20 fouls on one player down low a game. I think he will be at best a conditional player in NBA playing about 6 minutes a half or he could end up in D league or overSeas.

I agree. I was probably too emotional and critical towards Aidoo. But it was frustrating to watch him fumble the ball. Meanwhile, you have other post players who can catch the ball and attack the rim. Maybe he will improve this summer.
You were correct about Aidoo.

Blocked shots are great, but he can’t score. Numerous doinks off the rim from in the paint, chronic missed layups right under the basket….and he’s almost 7ft. Don’t get me wrong, I like that guy and hope he improves, but depending on what takes place wrt the portal, we will have to see what coach Barnes thinks.
Do facts ever matter with all these critiques? He averaged in double figures for 3rd on the team. He was unquestionably one of the top 2-3 centers in the SEC. You can’t kick everyone to the curb if they don’t become an All American by their junior season! Jonas is a fine college post who will likely be improved next year and he will be sorely missed if he doesn’t return.

VN Store

Back