Cigar /Pipe Smoking thread

This morning’s after breakfast smoke is a La Palina oscuro. The Ecuadorian wrapper is not as dark as other oscuros that I have tried. The binder and filler are Nicaraguan. First impressions - smooth, medium to medium-full body, leather and wood, a little pepper and spice, chocolaty sweetness. The draw is tighter than the aforementioned red label with even but not copious smoke. Burning evenly with firm ash.
IMG_2081.jpeg

In the early ‘90s, when cigar bars were the rage, I would buy Puros Indios retail for $2/stick. Now, the original “Roly” is a bargain stick at $1.75 per online, and the Puros Indios Vintage toros are $90 per box of 20, when you can find them online. I’ve read that Oliva has bought the brand.
Before Rush Limbaugh preached the virtues of a nice smoke, I never paid more than $2 for a premium cigar.

Reactions: loggervol
@feathersax

Here’s what you’re smoking in Hoover this year….
‘From left to right…
Monticristo #2
Partagas Lusitania
‘Vegas Rivera
Cohiba
Romeo & Julieta Churchill
Trinidad

View attachment 640743
Merciful heavens...your kindess is only equalled by your expertise. Thanks from the bottom of my humidor. :cool:

I will say that enjoying a cigar in the cool morning air with birdsong sans the accompaniment of outdoor power equipment is becoming a regular thing for me as the seasons turn warmer. Previously, I thought of cigars as cocktail or after dinner indulgences. Not so this Spring. Often, I’m busy later into the daylight hours and spending my evenings with my early retiring spouse who begins her workdays before dawn.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back