Disney / HULU / ESPN

MHS Rebel

I pay for the ESPN+. Is this the Disney bundle? If not, should I switch? I pay a lot of $$ for this and if something is better for the same amount, I'll do that.

I presently have ESPN+ for 10.99 / month. Should I move to Disney bundle with Hulu and ESPN+ for 14.99 / month? Is it equivalent?

Personally i think ESPN+ is a sham. You really only get the games way down the list unless you also have cable tv and link your provider. That said, getting the bundle for hulu and disney alone is probably worth the price.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
Personally i think ESPN+ is a sham. You really only get the games way down the list unless you also have cable tv and link your provider. That said, getting the bundle for hulu and disney alone is probably worth the price.
My cable provider is linked.

Need ESPN & SEC yes; ESPN+ not so much.

However you will probably want the future plan. I will probably drop YouTubeTV then since I rarely watch the rest of the available garbage.

The three media giants are slated to launch the new service in the fall. Subscribers would get access to linear sports networks including ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, SEC Network, ACC Network, ESPNews, ABC, Fox, FS1, FS2, BTN, TNT, TBS, truTV and ESPN+, as well as hundreds of hours from the NFL, NBA, MLB and NHL and many top college divisions. Pricing will be announced at a later date, but the companies will likely set a monthly subscription that is more than a consumer would pay for a standalone regional sports network, which costs $20 to $30 per month, and less than a larger digital programming package such as Hulu + Live TV or YouTube TV, which cost around $75 to $80 per month, according to a person familiar with current discussions.

I don't know how it'll be this year, but ESPN+ had the whole 2023 college baseball tournament. You'd miss most of the regionals without it.

Reactions: Hoosier_Vol
I got sling thinking it would give me what I need over the course of football and basketball. Guess what? You get ESPN, but SEC network is extra. I remember when SEC network was pitched as showing all SEC sports - gymnastics, baseball, swimming and some other things. Now it's lower demand games (Like Tenn Vandy last weekend) and of course all the calls to Paul Finebaum from the trailer park down the road here where I live in Alabama.

For those old heads like me, when ESPN first started, they were doing really cool stuff, like Aussie Rules football, Olympic caliber ski jumps and all kinds of fun stuff. Now, just talking heads in the dead air, and not many sharing my point of view. Bottom line, you are forced now to pay for an inferior product if you want to watch the games. Going to ditch SLING after March Madness.

The men’s 2024 NCAA Tournament will appear on CBS Sports and Turner Sports channels, while women’s March Madness action will air across ESPN platforms.

Ways To Watch
With NCAA March Madness Live, you can watch every game of the 2024 NCAA Division I Men's Basketball Championship Live from almost any device!
1. Select Your TV Provider
Choose your provider from the list that appears.
SELECT TV PROVIDER
2. Sign in
Enter your username and password to access your TV provider subscription.
3. Watch Every Game Live
Enjoy unlimited access to all live games from your device of choice!

Last edited:
I got sling thinking it would give me what I need over the course of football and basketball. Guess what? You get ESPN, but SEC network is extra. I remember when SEC network was pitched as showing all SEC sports - gymnastics, baseball, swimming and some other things. Now it's lower demand games (Like Tenn Vandy last weekend) and of course all the calls to Paul Finebaum from the trailer park down the road here where I live in Alabama.

For those old heads like me, when ESPN first started, they were doing really cool stuff, like Aussie Rules football, Olympic caliber ski jumps and all kinds of fun stuff. Now, just talking heads in the dead air, and not many sharing my point of view. Bottom line, you are forced now to pay for an inferior product if you want to watch the games. Going to ditch SLING after March Madness.
I remember seeing curling for the first time during the early days

ESPN used to pick those off the wall sports up for free or Pennie’s on the dollar to what they cost today. There is a bidding war for the craziest sports content these days just to fill lots of streaming air to sell subscriptions.

The model is really not sustainable moving forward. The cost for consumers is going to sharply rise following the path of cable tv and mobile phone service over the last decade.

Reactions: WillisWG

The men’s 2024 NCAA Tournament will appear on CBS Sports and Turner Sports channels, while women’s March Madness action will air across ESPN platforms.
Pulling the cord as soon as reg season and SEC tourney ends . THANKS!

Reactions: WillisWG
I pay for the ESPN+. Is this the Disney bundle? If not, should I switch? I pay a lot of $$ for this and if something is better for the same amount, I'll do that.

I presently have ESPN+ for 10.99 / month. Should I move to Disney bundle with Hulu and ESPN+ for 14.99 / month? Is it equivalent?
I have the bundle included with my phone subscription and I use Hulu/Disney+ all the time. I will use ESPN+ if a game is on that catches my eye. Some of the 30 for 30s are worth a watch. If you love Marvel, Star Wars, and Disney movies/shows then the bundle is for sure worth it.

As someone else has stated, the big networks will be releasing a streaming service together and I would expect that to land somewhere between $40-$50/month. They will probably offer a low introductory option to get subscribers and then incrementally up the price every 6 months. It’s just the way these companies do business unfortunately. Something of note, FuboTV just filed a $1B lawsuit to prevent this joint sports venture from happening. But if Disney wants something to happen, it will almost certainly happen. They have more power and control than anyone.

VN Store

Back