Facilities rankings we are 19th nationally

This sentence causes me to question the author and his judgement:

"Some of the newest facilities we're excited to see that have begun construction or will soon get underway include sizable renovations or new structures at Miami, Florida State, TCU, Vanderbilt, SMU, Kansas and UCF, among others. "
'Arkansas has a ... barber shop, and SEC's longest weight room.' ???

THIS IS THE RESEARCH done for this article? Yes, next we called Waffle House and asked for their opinions on next facility upgrade. Turns our Alabama is number 1.

Let us face the facts. Until the renovations at Neyland are completed, we have a pretty bad Stadium. If you don't believer that, you have never taken a step into the South West or the South end zone of the stadium. the walk ways are extremely narrow, and the batr rooms are over 60 years old. Concessions stands are limited and entering and leaving the Stadium are terrible. If you are handicapped, you struggle to get to your seats and it is a pain to get in and out to your transportation. Many elderly people simply can not get to and from their seats and have given up their tickets. I realize that many of these problems are being addressed, hopefully by September, but, as of , today, they are still a major problem. My seats are the same old bench seats that were available when I was a Freshman in 1956. That is more than seventy years with no changes. Take goodness AD Danny White is doing something about it, but we are lucky, at the point in time, to be ranked in the top twenty.
They sit the whole game anyway. F*** 'em*

*LOL, just kidding, but not really.

You can say that all you want but look at the top 7. Oregon, Bama, UGA, LSU, Clemson and OSU. Guess that’s just a coincidence huh? Facilities matter. And we have fallen woefully behind.
You speaking as if this list is objective can you please describe the criteria used to come up with the list ? lol come on now the difference is marginal at best have you seen our facilities we literally have everything the players need plus more and access to any piece of equipment that could possibly needed to play football at the highest level … there is literally not a thing in the nation in another locker room that UT doesn’t have access too… some of yall get on here and make a huge deal out of absolutely nothing… you need to touch grass my boy 😂😂😂

Last edited:
Reactions: Jaxon_Vol2017
It's a ridiculous subjective list. I'm sorry, but we're not behind Northwestern when it comes to anything. That's just stupid.
You’d be surprised. I’ve been in Northwestern’s facility, which opened in 2018. It is unbelievable - sits right on Lake Michigan with a private beach and a clear view of the Chicago skyline on sunny days. Massive weight room, nutrition center, and everything in-between.

Reactions: Swiftybaby
Reactions: BowlBrother85
This is an article that’s more based on schools with MAJOR recent facility upgrades, than the facilities of each school stacked against one another. They’re playing to their audience.
Yeah ..... but Tennessee is also undergoing major renovations. It seems like Anderson is perpetually under construction.

Reactions: Woodlawn VOL
Didn’t know if anyone saw this article in 247 about facilities. It’s pretty depressing actually. We are below teams like Nebraska, Northwestern, Maryland, Arkansas and South Carolina. Sheesh.

That article is a bit flawed it said Mizzou didn't have a indoor practice facility till we built our New one. We have had a Indoor Practice facility since the 90's aka Dan Devine Pavilion

If they are gonna publish a ranking at least they could do a bit of research.

But with that Said I'm surprised we are ranked #27

Pretty warehouses and circus tents are nice. Can't we all agree on GO VOLS!!??
DavyVolLay1.jpg

With NIL, facility upgrades will take a far back seat. If these fans heard we didn't pony up enough NIL money to attract a big fish because we needed to upgrade the weight room, what kind of hellstorm do you think that would create?
With the way they continue to increase the price of tickets for all sports and the addition of mandatory “ contributions”, tickets to any sport will be too expensive for many of the general public to afford. In addition, Disney, CBS, NBC, Fox , and all the other new and entertainment companies will also price watching college sports on “TV “ will be more expensive. In the future, many may only be able to watch high school sports in person. Greed is certainly expanded its evil grip on the Sports World.

Reactions: Pride85
Why are the top 7 schools just so happen to be the schools winning the most if facilities don’t really matter?
They were in use or built before NIL. As others have posted NIL is now the number one factor. "The Athletic" had a good article about it a few days ago. (5/10/24 I think)

Last edited:
Players and recruits never see that. That's for us fans to Pruitt about.

Recruits go from one fantastic thing to another. They don't even know you have to wipe your own ass. You think Heupel is trotting them up to the pee trough lines?
Surely you are smarter than your remark implies.

Players and recruits never see that. That's for us fans to Pruitt about.

Recruits go from one fantastic thing to another. They don't even know you have to wipe your own ass. You think Heupel is trotting them up to the pee trough lines?
Fans also go to different facilities, including stadiums. Parts of Neyland have been an eyesore for years and the Athletic Department had ignored it until the Administration, prodded by AD White got the ball rolling. This has been more than 70 years in the making and our Fans have still supported our Teams despite the support of previous A Ds.

Surely you are smarter than your remark implies.
Nope. I don't care if people walk through a crowded corridor. They are gonna fix it anyways. But let's not act like it keeps players from coming. It's winning, money, chance or playing in nfl are prolly top 3 reasons recruits commit. Not how does the South corridor look or flow.

I'm curious what the schools above us have in terms of facilities that we do not have. Pretty sure we have all the basics covered... nice indoor practice facility, nice weight room, team meeting room, nice locker rooms, etc. Is it just fru-fru stuff that we are lacking in?

Reactions: Volfan1000
I'm curious what the schools above us have in terms of facilities that we do not have. Pretty sure we have all the basics covered... nice indoor practice facility, nice weight room, team meeting room, nice locker rooms, etc. Is it just fru-fru stuff that we are lacking in?
Most definitely… and we could get access to anything if it was that serious…

Aren’t these ratings purely subjective anyway? I’ve seen the inside of Anderson Training Center. It’s nicer than any athletic facility I’ve ever stepped foot in, and it doesn’t seem like it’s holding the team back. I really can’t imagine us losing any recruits worth caring about if they think our athletic facilities are somehow not up to par lol

VN Store

Back