Family survival plan (End of the world)

If you like One Second After then I recommend Going Home by A. American (Chris Weatherman). The entire book series is great.

Screenshot_20230607_162803_Amazon Shopping.jpg

"Book 1 of The Survivalist Series

If society collapsed, could you survive?

When Morgan Carter’s car breaks down 250 miles from his home, he figures his weekend plans are ruined. But things are about to get much, much worse: the country’s power grid has collapsed. There is no electricity, no running water, no Internet, and no way to know when normalcy will be restored—if it ever will be. An avid survivalist, Morgan takes to the road with his prepper pack on his back.

During the grueling trek from Tallahassee to his home in Lake County, chaos threatens his every step but Morgan is hell-bent on getting home to his wife and daughters—and he’ll do whatever it takes to make that happen.

Fans of James Wesley Rawles, William R. Forstchen's One Second After, and The End by G. Michael Hopf will revel in A. American's apocalyptic tale."

Ive taken a few survival courses. Went camping many times. My wife is new to it this year (camping).

We've all watched many of dystopian films I'm sure.

...no one can be prepared emotionally for the end of how our world operates. This isn't a post to talk about whether the world the world deserves it or not. Because if it's happens then it really doesn't matter why.

I have a plan. And I want to hear everyone else's plan, if nukes go off around the world.
The people fleeing Russia from being drafted are like us. In the way that, they were detached from the actual war until they got called upon and stuff got real. So...if nukes start flying everybody is affected.

My plan is to hide on my buddies property down in the mountains of Mexico with my family and his family. He's well stocked with weapons. Natural source or water
Gas powered generators. Solar too
He is a farmer. His location gets ample amounts of rain throughout the year.

I think Mexico would actually not be targeted too heavily in such a confrontation as WW3.
COULD BE WRONG. But that's my plan.
How are you getting to Mexico? That's not exactly a short trip. I'm assuming flights would be grounded. I'm also thinking that fueling up your vehicle on the drive down would be extremely difficult, if not impossible. You also could have issuing crossing the border in the middle of WWIII.

Edit: I saw after I made this post that you apparently live in the LA area. I wasn't aware of that. So, you're relatively close to Mexico. Issues I see are that 1) the LA area is a likely nuclear missile target, 2) You would need some type of old vehicle that wouldn't be knocked out by the EMP blast from nuclear missiles, and 3) you'll obviously already know this, but getting out of the LA area is no picnic even in normal times. The high population size is not your friend if you're looking to exit quickly.

Last edited:
So who's doing what to prep in here?

My wife and I have 3kids to protect 12, 6, 3.

Any suggestions on prepping guides and checklist.

Our "plan" is to get to my parents house in West TN. Country seclusion on15ac, spring fed creek directly from the hillside

Reactions: VolInNorthCack

VN Store

Back