36 hours

We need Vescovi to help coach. Not take minutes from Gainey and Mashack.
Over the years I've noticed when a player has been sick he usually has a real good game next time he plays. That may just listening and hearing the announcers say they weren't expecting much coming off a sickness but that was one of his better games. They may over emphasise the positive and just don't talk about the negative comeback play.
Sometimes when you've been sick on your initial comeback your body releases more endorphins and dopamine as long as you have and are staying hydrated. We shall see I don't expect him to start but he is very good at keeping the D in their roles, Barnes has the utmost trust in him.

just 4 less than Purdue and Aidoo just played 15 minutes on the short end and ZZ played all 40 on the long end. Vescovi should be well rested.
I'd give Aidoo a short leash with Purdue just like Creighton. If he turtles up, sit him and do just like last night. I know JJJ isn't likely to follow up last night with a similar performance...just haven't seen that consistency from him...if we do get THAT JJJ, to go with ZZ and Knecht, I think we can hang with Purdue. Only thing I fear is Purdue getting the regal whistle with Edey.

I'd give Aidoo a short leash with Purdue just like Creighton. If he turtles up, sit him and do just like last night. I know JJJ isn't likely to follow up last night with a similar performance...just haven't seen that consistency from him...if we do get THAT JJJ, to go with ZZ and Knecht, I think we can hang with Purdue. Only thing I fear is Purdue getting the regal whistle with Edey.
Yep, we need 3 to be there to win, 20 something for DK, ZZ close to 20 & 8 assist and either Aidoo, JJJ, Gainey or Awaka go for 10 points at least. We need to get close to 55-60 points from the main 3 IMO.

Vols can beat Purdue. Having already played this season is a huge advantage. Barnes and his truth squad are on a MISSION. Kids are sore but need fluids and whirlpool time - they will be ready.
If we play like we did against creighton we can win. I just hope we can match that play going forward

How much will it affect us to only get 36 hours rest before Purdue? Seems odd that we get so little time before this game.
Many on here say this should not affect us - but I think it will - and might possibly be intentional by the NCAA. Our style of play is much harder on the body than the style Purdue plays. This is also one of the major reasons Barnes’ teams typically have strong regular seasons but flame out at the end. Their bodies are spent. When you couple that with the excessive minutes that most of our starters play you have a recipe for failure.

We played the last game of the night followed by the first game on Sunday. How is that not intentional?

Reactions: crucdvol
I've never seen a fan base so pathetically inclined to search for a reason to be slighted in some way
Literally every fan base complains about the refs and the media. There’s no way you could quantify who does it more. You spend your time on a Vol forum so that’s why you think it’s a TN thing.

Reactions: volfeeva
Well, in the first game ZZ was still testing that knee. I've read many times that the toughest part of a knee injury to overcome is the mental part. A good example is a hot stove. Try to put your finger on it. You will find that your mind and experience will push back and prevent you from TRYING it. It's the same with a back or knee injury. In short, ZZ is at least twice the player now as he was during the first meeting. I expect that to make a major impact on the game.

The only person on their team that's a bad matchup is Edey. They won the last time because they went to the free-throw line 48 times. I actually think Tennessee is a bad matchup for them.
Tennessee is a horrible matchup for them. Purdue hasn’t seen a defense like us since Maui, and we’ve improved tremendously.

I've never seen a fan base so pathetically inclined to search for a reason to be slighted in some way
Every fan base complains about officiating, although Tennessee could be winning by 25 with 1:24 left in game and someone would say where's the foul.

ESPN hates us, Jay Bilas is the reason the foul wasn't called .

Reactions: BernardKingGOAT
The only person on their team that's a bad matchup is Edey. They won the last time because they went to the free-throw line 48 times. I actually think Tennessee is a bad matchup for them.
Both SEC teams got 1 seeds great opportunity for the Vols.

VN Store

Back