Candace Parker Retiring

As 09 said, Izzy was a freshman in Pat's last season (what an experience that must have been), so she's the last one. The other seven left are Hollys (Diamond, Jamie N, Mercedes) Holly/Kellie crossovers (Rennia, Rae) then Jordy and RIckea who are Kellies.

I couldn't love more that CP3 decided on "no parade". So classy, so humble. Love that she did it this way without a "farewell tour". Anything with humility these days makes old man me so happy. She's got a ton of success in front of her. She and Andrya Carter are flying about as high as any basketball analysts around right now.
I have read many post in this thread all the time wondering what profound thing I could add.
The above highlighted two words says it all.

Dear Candace,
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you so much for the joy, passion, and toughness you brought to the game, you are truly a LEGEND. Thank you for always representing the Lady Vols to the highest degree, for many years you and Tamika upheld our championship standard, I know that Pat is so proud of you. I am terribly sorry for how you were left off the Olympic team, I will always believe that was one of the greatest wrongs in US Oympic history, you are a true CHAMPION. I pray God's Blessings upon you and your family, enjoy the next phase of your life. Thank you Candace Parker, our LADY VOL FOR LIFE!!!!

I’m so hurt😭😭 I cried for about an hour when I heard the news and I’m really not a crier, lol. Since I was 9 years old I’ve tried to watch every single game of hers and she is the reason I love basketball and the lady Vols. I really just can’t imagine never seeing her play basketball again, this is a little dramatic but I feel like I’m mourning a loved one😂

Oh I got it. I was trying to politely say that gender politicizing a CP3 appreciation thread was uh….never mind. Anyway, for your health, don't google "Anna Petrakova".

Welp, there IS a decided difference between Trans and Gay. I didn't think I needed to address that.

Candace Parker has a beautiful daughter and her father is Shelden Williams a ex Duke Bluedevilplayer.

Nikky A is so awesome, and has become a beloved part of the Knoxville community. She struggled when her twins were newborns and Knoxville really rallyed to her. Now look at her showing those twins around TBA. She's running a community program with the Girls Club here that's doing great work. Her thoughts on playing w Candace and on retirement:
on retirement:

Nikky A is so awesome, and has become a beloved part of the Knoxville community. She struggled when her twins were newborns and Knoxville really rallyed to her. Now look at her showing those twins around TBA. She's running a community program with the Girls Club here that's doing great work. Her thoughts on playing w Candace and on retirement:
on retirement:

Nicky has always been a great ambassador for the program. In her playing days, fans would get frustrated at her because she was "offensively challenged." But when you absolutely needed to have a rebound or needed to shut down the other team's "hot hand" (and it did not matter if they were a guard, forward, or giant post) you put Nicky on the job and problem solved.

Nicky has always been a great ambassador for the program. In her playing days, fans would get frustrated at her because she was "offensively challenged." But when you absolutely needed to have a rebound or needed to shut down the other team's "hot hand" (and it did not matter if they were a guard, forward, or giant post) you put Nicky on the job and problem solved.
Nicky is definitely among my top 3 all-time favorite Lady Vols. I just loved how much passion she played with and she showed for her teammates.

THE GOAT!!! So happy she played for the Tennessee Lady Vols!!! And she’s a wonderful LVFL! Best, smoothest, basketball player I ever watched!

Last edited:

VN Store

Back