'25 GA DL Isaiah Gibson (USC commit)

Visit went about as well as it could have, in my opinion. He stayed in town overnight and spent a little more time looking around today. He got plenty of 1-on-1 time with the staff and Tennessee will remain one of the schools he takes a deeper look at moving forward. He is already full for summer official visits, so he is settling on a date to come back during the season. The Vols will have to play the long game here, but this one won’t be over until December, in my opinion.
-m. ray

Tennessee made a nice impression on Isaiah Gibson last weekend to try and work their way into his recruitment more. The fact the Vols were able to get him to campus was a plus heading into the summer. He is listed as an EDGE, but we believe Tennessee likely envisions him in a more of a strong side defensive end role.
He has been committed to USC, but most people we talk to believe the four-star standout ends up back in the Southeast when it’s all said and done. The Vols are working to get him back to town in the summer for an official visit. As it stands, Gibson plans to return in the fall.
-VQ

Tennessee has made strides in the recruitment of Isaiah Gibson, and they are hopeful to get him back to town this weekend. That would be a significant step in the right direction, and it should give the Vols an opportunity to push for a June official visit which would be big. Many we speak with do not see Gibson's USC commitment sticking long-term, but on the same hand, many find it hard to envision him anywhere other than Georgia if it doesn't. Regardless, it is clear, his interest in Tennessee is growing and getting him back to town this weekend would be big for for the Vols, in our opinion.
-VQ

Gibson tells me he will not be able to make it to Knoxville this weekend for 865 Live, but that he has switched his OV to Florida on June 14 out with an OV to Tennessee.

He is committed to USC at this time, but is trending away from the Trojans when trying to predict his recruitment and who he signs with.

- Chad Simmons

From Rivals:

The four-star defensive end from Warner Robins, Ga., committed to USC on a visit in late March and he remains committed to the Trojans but that pledge is going to be thoroughly tested through the summer.

Gibson will visit Georgia the first weekend of June as the Bulldogs are the biggest threat to flip him with South Carolina, Auburn, Tennessee, Ohio State and Oklahoma getting trips to close out the month as well.

Five-star USC EDGE commit Isaiah Gibson is still committed to the Trojans, but Georgia is pushing. When asked what he likes about Georgia, he said, “everything.” Tennessee is back in this too, but I would put them behind Georgia as the school with the best chance to flip Gibson. — Chad Simmons, On3 Director of Recruiting

Five-star USC EDGE commit Isaiah Gibson is still committed to the Trojans, but Georgia is pushing. When asked what he likes about Georgia, he said, “everything.” Tennessee is back in this too, but I would put them behind Georgia as the school with the best chance to flip Gibson. — Chad Simmons, On3 Director of Recruiting
🙄🙄

VN Store

Back