Game Thread: #13/10 LSU (23-4, 10-3) @ Tennessee (16-9, 9-4 SEC) 2/25/24 12:00 pm EST ESPN

She is not a 3 and never will be. As slow as Puckett and Darby are on the wing, they are STILL way faster than Karo. She is a stretch four with a limited skill set, like Hollingshead without the handle. I’m just not sure what kind of meaningful minutes she could get with a normal roster. Hard worker, but low ceiling…which she has already reached.
When you say normal roster I assume you mean one that plays together as a team and actually passes the ball and runs a structured offense with a plan.

When you say normal roster I assume you mean one that plays together as a team and actually passes the ball and runs a structured offense with a plan.
You posters need to apply for a coaching position; staying on Darby all year & after watching the LSU game & many more I can assure you that I saw many of our players letting LSU players run by them; even if they do run by our players our other players should be picking them up; look back over the 4 years Darby has been playing & see how many times she has had turnovers compared to the others whom you think are awesome ball players; I have witnessed many times when Darby goes in it seems to be a little calmer team; & she definitely does not play for herself & can normally more times than not get the ball to the post; so maybe you all might want to get a petition up to kick Darby off the team since she is such a bad ball player; Im sure someone will get me kicked off this forum but that is fine; love all our lady vols & they definitely do not need this continuous criticism

KM got a new contract since your article, and DS is still a bit behind GA also. After those 3 there is a significant drop off. It gives everyone an idea what it would cost to pull in a top 10 type coach however, and imo it would take in the neighborhood of $1.5-2.0 million to get serious. More if you are after a top 5 type obviously. I think those coaches in WBB that are successful are worth every penny. There is an error in these rankings btw, they still have the old aTm coach listed and Joni at UGA. Those numbers are obviously wrong now, but at the time of the article the change was already in place so sloppy on the reporters side.
I know about KM’s new raise, but somewhere I read that with DS’s built in $100,000 a year raise, she would surpass that.

Ok, done. They’re going to keep getting raises, don’t plan to keep up with them.

Reactions: krichunaka
She is not a 3 and never will be. As slow as Puckett and Darby are on the wing, they are STILL way faster than Karo. She is a stretch four with a limited skill set, like Hollingshead without the handle. I’m just not sure what kind of meaningful minutes she could get with a normal roster. Hard worker, but low ceiling…which she has already reached.
Agree to disagree

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
All this talk about how limited and how disposable Tennessee's current roster is, and how easy it would be to kick them to the curb after years of loyalty, as part of hiring a new coach. Such inspiring rhetoric. If there were changes to be made, I'd be far more interested in seeing just what a new coach could do with the players on Tennessee's roster, than I would seeing how quickly they could get rid of them and replace them with players who would be there and gone in the blink of an eye. It would be so much more rewarding to see their years of service and work pay off, to see these players succeed after so much struggle, than it would to see that work discarded.

I recall Bruce Pearl's first year in Knoxville, how he took that broken roster and forged them into a team capable of success. How fond people are of that year, 2005, with its improbable wins and heady results. He didn't reject his roster; he grabbed them head on and said "I will make you better." That year was, and still is, a special season for Tennessee. A result that seems so much more attractive than the Mulkey "I'm going to run 8 players off, replace them with one year rentals, and THEN run even more off so I can make room for more transfers." Certainly more impressive. An old fashioned perspective, perhaps, but I'd like to think I am not alone in it.
Having Chris Lofton gifted to you helps.

You posters need to apply for a coaching position; staying on Darby all year & after watching the LSU game & many more I can assure you that I saw many of our players letting LSU players run by them; even if they do run by our players our other players should be picking them up; look back over the 4 years Darby has been playing & see how many times she has had turnovers compared to the others whom you think are awesome ball players; I have witnessed many times when Darby goes in it seems to be a little calmer team; & she definitely does not play for herself & can normally more times than not get the ball to the post; so maybe you all might want to get a petition up to kick Darby off the team since she is such a bad ball player; Im sure someone will get me kicked off this forum but that is fine; love all our lady vols & they definitely do not need this continuous criticism
Believe the feeling of the board with her inconsistencies, is she’s a decent role player with limitations. We all want her to be the player fan girl Courtney Lyle believes she is.

Reactions: knoxvol52

VN Store

Back