Tennessee or Arkansas as No. 1 tomorrow?

I can see there being a lot of talk from fans saying that we don’t deserve it just because I mean literally everyone hates us. Reading other message boards comments on anything related to us is a fun little side hobby when I’m bored and no baseball is on. Maybe, regardless of that number in front of Tennessee, our boys will use this to put another chip on their shoulder. As always, GBO!

Reactions: MagnoliaVol
Can get used to this program achieving #1 ranking every other season and going to Omaha the year we don’t. Pretty pretty good

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
I’d love to be the #1 team who breaks the jinx!
Ahhhh....NO such thing as a JINX...oops don't step on a crack break your mother's back ilk here.
To the question, I'll take the target on the back now. Coach Vitello can address team goals and remind them it's where you finish. So play from the top and remember what got you there. TEAM PLAY!

can this team even get the #1 overall seed? i mean our rpi is at 8, and the D1 guys seem to think clemson is locked in over us (tourney seed at least) i mean maybe they’ll get it 🤷‍♂️

D1Baseball.com

1715021486786.png1. Tennessee​

Record: 39-9
Next two games: vs. Queens, Tuesday at 6 p.m. on SEC Network+,
at Vanderbilt, Friday at 7 p.m. on SEC Network+

i
2. Clemson​

Record: 36-10
Next two games: at Charlotte, Tuesday at 6 p.m. on ESPN+,
at Wake Forest, Friday at 6 p.m. on ACCNX

i
3. Texas A&M​

Record: 40-8
Next two games: vs. Rice, Tuesday at 7 p.m. on SEC Network+,
at Ole Miss, Friday at 8:30 p.m. on SEC Network

i

4. Kentucky​

Record: 35-10
Next two games: at Xavier, Tuesday at 6 p.m.,
at Florida, Friday at 6:30 p.m. on SEC Network+

i
5. Arkansas​

Record: 40-9
Next two games: vs. Mississippi State, Friday at 7:30 p.m. on SEC Network+ ,
vs. Mississippi State, Saturday at 7 p.m. on SEC Network+

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Not only has the overall #1 not won a CWS since 1999, less than half of the CWS titles have gone to teams in the top 8 (11 out of 23). For comparison, the NCAA basketball tournament is seen as a wide open event full of crazy upsets and 19 of the last 23 champions have been in the top 8 (1 or 2 seeds).

The overall 2 seed has fared much better than the overall #1. In fact, since 2000, the 2 seed has made the CWS 16 times, winning the whole thing 3 times. The #1 and #3 teams are tied for 2nd in # of CWS appearances with 14. But the #3 seed has won the title 3 times. The 6 seed has done the worst of the top 8 with no titles and just 10 CWS appearances.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Is Noobies a bad thing? New fans maybe?

Been a fan since before you were born .

Like @chuckiepoo said... applied as a light hearted joking comment (randonly inserted into conversation). You will hear some other phrases around here that may have underlying meaning. Such as:

1. Dongs
2. prostate exams
3. SP
4. @cobbwebb0710 photos
5. SECURITY @MAD
6. Carla

and many, many more. Those are just the ones I use frequently. 🤣

Like @chuckiepoo said... applied as a light hearted joking comment (randonly inserted into conversation). You will hear some other phrases around here that may have underlying meaning. Such as:

1. Dongs
2. prostate exams
3. SP
4. @cobbwebb0710 photos
5. SECURITY @MAD
6. Carla

IMG_3040.jpeg

1. Dongs
2. prostate exams
3. SP
4. @cobbwebb0710 photos
5. SECURITY @MAD
6. Carla

You're now in charge of the faq

1. Dongs
2. prostate exams
3. SP
4. @cobbwebb0710 photos
5. SECURITY @MAD
6. Carla

…no reference to Hokie coeds… nice. 🤣

VN Store

Back