The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

Sounds like Lanier is gone with the Carr paragraph. Yikes.

That’s how I read it as well. They always try to brace bad news with “good” news. I’m excited by Carr but man it’s asking a lot of this team to go into next year with our primary wing scoring options as Gainey, Mashack, and Carr.

Until he signs nothing is done, obviously it's not ALL about money or Chaz would have taken the first big offer he got.

I think the plan B will happen pretty quickly, staff (unlike these players) made a promise to Lanier & his family and until he's fully out of the picture I don't think we'll hear of any other additions.

Lanier screwed over Barnes.

He’ll fit right in at Kentucky.
Let’s not do this. It’s one thing to be upset with someone like Aidoo who was here and also (according to Barnes) made it seem like he was content to be here. But Lanier never even committed, much less was enrolled. He doesn’t owe Barnes anything

Let’s not do this. It’s one thing to be upset with someone like Aidoo who was here and also (according to Barnes) made it seem like he was content to be here. But Lanier never even committed, much less was enrolled. He doesn’t owe Barnes anything

BTO or SF stated that Barnes was pissed about this turning into a bidding war.

He probably feels blind sided considering he spent over a year developing relationships with him and his parents.

I don’t agree with taking more money to play for someone like Pope if he’s truly set on wanting to be developed for the NBA.

He probably feels blind sided considering he spent over a year developing relationships with him and his parents.

I don’t agree with taking more money to play for someone like Pope if he’s truly set on wanting to be developed for the NBA.
Where did they state this?

Where did they state this?

I believe people said that was stated in the Trilly Donovan discord

Reactions: knoxvol52

Lmao this is how recruiting goes. Chaz didn’t screw over Barnes if he doesn’t come here. The staff screwed themselves assuming they could get a discount on him because of a prior relationship - they were wrong. On them for not preparing for every scenario.

Reactions: knoxvol52
Exactly…
FWIW, there’s 2-3 UT guys on the discord that bring almost the same info as BTO and SF hours and sometimes a day or so before it’s on here. Could be some overlap in our insiders, may be completely different people, but if you trust SF and BTO, the info coming from the discord is very legit and has proven so many times over the last few months.

FWIW, there’s 2-3 UT guys on the discord that bring almost the same info as BTO and SF hours and sometimes a day or so before it’s on here. Could be some overlap in our insiders, may be completely different people, but if you trust SF and BTO, the info coming from the discord is very legit and has proven so many times over the last few months.
Im sorry if I don’t believe some dude that goes by trilly in which he has any sort of gauge of how Barnes is feeling to know for a fact that he is “pissed” about a recruitment lol you guys can believe whatever though

Im sorry if I don’t believe some dude that goes by trilly in which he has any sort of gauge of how Barnes is feeling to know for a fact that he is “pissed” about a recruitment lol you guys can believe whatever though
Trilly isn’t the one bringing UT news consistently. He’ll give some here and there, but there’s several guys who seem to be in the know/close to the program for UT in there. They bring some great info pretty much daily that has been spot on to how things have evolved in basically every portal recruitment we’ve been in so far.

Trilly isn’t the one bringing UT news consistently. He’ll give some here and there, but there’s several guys who seem to be in the know/close to the program for UT in there. They bring some great info pretty much daily that has been spot on to how things have evolved in basically every portal recruitment we’ve been in so far.
That’s great but to the point of why I even responded….BTO and SF never once said Barnes was pissed

Lmao this is how recruiting goes. Chaz didn’t screw over Barnes if he doesn’t come here. The staff screwed themselves assuming they could get a discount on him because of a prior relationship - they were wrong. On them for not preparing for every scenario.

The staff did everything they could to recruit him.

It’s not on them if Chaz doesn’t come here or not.

If he was dead serious wanting to get developed for the NBA, no way would Mark Pope get a serious look.

In one sense, one could say Lanier screwed Barnes over, if the former had given his word (which I don't know), so long as one knows how to take that in stride and not rage about it. In another sense, it's always on us to close. But I'm not going to rage and steam about that either.

Reactions: berryvol
I think my only issue is that we don’t have a guy that can go out and get 14-15ppg. Maybe Igor?

I know Chaz isn’t guaranteed to score that either, but there’s a reason why UT, UK, Duke, Arky, etc have all reached out to the kid.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not complaining about the roster. I think we’re a tourney team, but I think we may look back and think “what if we reached out to other guys”
We just don’t really know about any of the behind-the-scenes scenario. Could be that Barnes feels secure with Lanier coming, or there could be something totally different. At this point, I think it’s kind of silly not to trust Barnes. He’s adjusted to all the stuff happening in college basketball remarkably well, and I don’t think many of us thought he could adjust like he has. He keeps getting it done consistently.

VN Store

Back