How does the return of Von Pearson change your perception of Team 119?

I am thrilled to see him back, and I think it gives us a possibility of maybe 1 more win. VP is just a playmaker. He had a knack for big plays last year, and that is something only really Pig Howard has proven to be able to do consistently, besides Von. (Not knocking North, I know he was injured and has been a playmaker.)

Kind of what LA Vol said, if we can stay healthy and Malone is a year better, our WR unit is pretty darn scary. GBO!!

Another big, experienced, physical receiver that knows the offense. Can't hurt. I don't we've seen his best football. Hate that he has missed out on training program.

I hope Von's on field presense forces other teams to double up on him. Leaving a plethora of other receivers in one-on-one and BOOM! TE or RB over the middle.

Von not only brings depth and experience, but leadership. We just don't have a vocal leader/hype man as far as WR's go. Listening to RTI last night, they believed he was the energy boost that this group has been missing. So, that's huge IMO.

Having Pearson back gives us another big play threat. From watching him in play last year he kinda reminds me of C. Patterson. Glad he's back. Go Vols!

VP's return is worth at least one extra win. A very tight game will be much more likely to go UT's way.

Reactions: 2 people
We will def be stronger. VP is a stud and will have a great year! Our depth at WR is amazing. I am expecting big things from out O this year.

Side note: How many points can our O average this year? is 35 out of reach?

Im going with 10 wins, I was saying 9! GBO!!

did you at least see the game against vandy and mo, last year? I was there, and except for a great punt return in Nashville the season would have ended very, very badly. pump the brakes junior. homework is waiting.

Von is a playmaker, he needs to get into game shape and then make plays for the Vols. His return allows UT more options on offense and harder for defenses to defend.

We will def be stronger. VP is a stud and will have a great year! Our depth at WR is amazing. I am expecting big things from out O this year.

Side note: How many points can our O average this year? is 35 out of reach?

35 is well within reach. We scored 3 vs Ole Miss and 10 vs Oklahoma and averaged right at 29 puts per game last year.

I think it is huge. For some reason, Dobbs and North have not clicked together either season ..it seems that Dobbs works best with Howard and Pterson. I estimate 75% of his yardage last year were to these two plus Hurd.

To answer the original question, its come down to 2 things.

Will he return. were not sure about his interest. secondly, what has he been doing during this down time?

Has he been working out, studying the play book, running routes? It all comes down to this!

To answer the original question, its come down to 2 things.

Will he return. were not sure about his interest. secondly, what has he been doing during this down time?

Has he been working out, studying the play book, running routes? It all comes down to this!

Wtf?

With Von Pearson returning in time to contribute week 1, how many wins will team 119 get?

Is your win prediction any different?

Personally, if Pearson stays healthy, I honestly believe he is worth at least one game. I think with him in the lineup 9 wins is reasonable to expect. Without him, I think 8.

Either way, I'm sure glad he's back! BOOM! Its a great day to be a Tennessee Vol!

doesn't change my outlook. the number of wins is still dependent on the health of Dobbs, Kamara and Hurd. Keep tem healthy, possible 9. Lose one be tough to get to 9. Lose two bowl game might be at risk.

We had injuries last year at QB and RB (top 4 were hurt). that is key to the season IMO

Von Pearson's explosive ability will make this offense very tough to stop. This is great news! Hopefully he will be in shape by the Oklahoma game.

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back