Game Thread Lady Vols vs Chattanooga

I don't think Holly is a good coach this season is exposing her. That move she made when she pulled all the best players off the floor was mind boggling.

Reactions: 2 people
Foster has to be kicking himself over this lost opportunity. If his players had been ready in the 1st qtr and not gotten rattled by the LV press, they might have won this game handily.

Reactions: 1 person
I usually love your post but I have to share ths with you and the rest of the forum.. Stephanie Dolson once said something like this " Here at Uconn we prefer to Dominate and Conquer versus Surviving and winning" That is what set's Uconn apart from other teams and that is the mentality that CHW and the Lady Vols need to adapt.. You can't survive all the time you will eventually run out of lives
I swear some people solely come on this board to criticize, whine, and bash the coach. Last year we would have never won tonight's game. I for one am glad to be 4-0

They started getting back on defense and squeezing the zone inside. We started walking it up and missing open perimeter shots. I guess Holly came up with Diamond driving the baseline drawing and passing. Maybe Diamond came up with that on her own but it is what saved us.

So glad to see so many posters that are happy with mediocrity after all those years with a HOF coach who would not have put up with that slop for 2 seconds. They will lose many games when the competition picks up if Holly persists with this mess of an offense. This team cannot shoot well outside, which this offense requires. Double low posts that teams zone leaves nothing but outside shooting to open it up since it is too clogged in the lane to drive the ball. Teams that have more talent and size will eat them alive.

Diamond, Te'a, & MeMe (she is going to be special) is going to expose Holly and her inability to be a Head Coach. They are Ballers (Gym rats) and want to win and win for this team and will not settle for the complacency. Diamond's love of the game and high BBall IQ is going to continue to put the pressure on Holly and Diamond didn't come here not to win so somebody better get into Holly's ear because a player of Diamonds ability could be Holly's downfall

CHW is VFL, but this is not working. I do hope she can turn it around but it is looking less likely by the game. As I said last game I hope I have to come back and eat my words. LV fans deserve another championship. It burns me up to watch Geno win.

What kills me is hollys subs. It is so obvious that diamond cooper russell and graves should be in the game as much as possible. I probably prefer reynolds as the other guard right now but meme jackson looked good tonight. Dunbar and middleton are awful should not play at all.

Well not sure what to say! Trying to be positive but it sure is hard.

I just do not understand why Holly did all that subbing. It messed everything up and the players fell apart. Does she even understand what she did? Just confused and disappointed.

We will never reach the next level if we shoot 39 percent during the games.

I watch other teams and they do not do what we do. It seems that our players get rewarded for bad plays. They get more pLaying time! Mama Mia!!!

We have to smoke teams like this one to have a chance against UConn.

I wouldn't worry about UConn. We don't want them. At this rate Geno will smell blood in the water and put a shock and awe campaign on this program the likes of which we've never seen. 50 points+ victory.

Perimeter players were 13-38 for 34% FG shooting and 3-18 from three point range for 16%. Throw in 19 turnovers.

I never said we don't have things to work on. My point is a W is a Win, SC barely beat UCLA yesterday and several ranked teams have lost this year. Look at Louisville, teams need time to gel. I am glad to be undefeated. Keep in mind this is also their 4th game in 9 days, part of why Holly subbed. Plus she probably wants to see how different lineups work and don't.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back