NFL network prediction - North #220 to Steelers

Is a great kid but does anyone else think he'd have been better served by returning and proving he could contribute and stay healthy for an entire year.

Reactions: 1 person
Lotta obscure picks from kids who didn't play vs top talent. I'm just trying to trust that Robinson is the guy we think he is as a talent evaluator, that he's going to be Belichickian with his picks and that he sees greatness and potential where other yahoos like me just can't.

As an example, I admittedly don't know much about the DT out of Penn State....but I've seen both A'Shawn Robinson and Jarran Reed be dominant vs top SEC competition. Can't imagine that kid is better than either of those two.

And he drafted a WR out of UMass and a CB out of Southern Utah? Again, these guys may wind up being great, but on the face of it it those picks seem questionable. The kid from UMass literally said he didn't expect to be drafted, but Robinson picks him in the 5th.....he's the first UMass WR taken in the draft since 1974.

Paul Kuharsky tweeted these out last night....

"With three second round picks, #Titans drafted three guys who are highly unlikely to start opening day."

"Heard from many of you that I expect too much in terms of automatic starters out of Rd. 2. Will address 1st thing in the morn with a post..."

"Amazed by number of #Titans fans happily talking depth. This team is 5-27 in last two years. Plenty of guys need replacing."

"@ZacDeFran You draft good players with high picks. Good players on bad teams play pretty quickly."

I kinda fall in line with his thinking. Titans have a ton of holes and a lot of picks....why are they reaching for picks who can't come in and start but are expected to be depth from day 1?

Even taking Henry in the second round. You just signed FA Murray to be your RB this year, you have a ton of other needs, and there are other good RBs later in the draft you could've gotten.

Again, he's much smarter than me and I'm no NFL GM, but as a Titans fan, I don't get some of these picks. Be curious to see how their draft is graded in the coming days. I hope my concerns are unfounded and I'm all wet here.

You aren't wrong. Titans made a great move to trade out of #1 overall pick, and then wholly squandered their bounty on luxury picks and flashy names, the Henry pick being most notable.

You aren't wrong. Titans made a great move to trade out of #1 overall pick, and then wholly squandered their bounty on luxury picks and flashy names, the Henry pick being most notable.

I disagreee with Kuharsky. There was a glaring miss in not getting a corner. But the impression I'm getting is that the picks aren't for depth, they are to unseat the starters. The Titans current starters mostly suck, hence the 3-13 record.

The exception being Henry. But even there, the Titans want to form an RB committee, and outside of Murray, the Titans have nothing. Cobb, Sankey, Andrews, & McCluster are 10 pounds of crap in a 5 pound bag.

Reactions: 2 people
So D4H, what happened? I mean you know football because you watch film. Why is it that all of those NFL teams didnt want to take a chance on North? I mean you said 4th round. Is it possible that those in the NFL know a little more than you?

So D4H, what happened? I mean you know football because you watch film. Why is it that all of those NFL teams didnt want to take a chance on North? I mean you said 4th round. Is it possible that those in the NFL know a little more than you?

You do realize you're celebrating the failings of a UT player right?

(and you've now done it in 2 different threads)

Reactions: 3 people
I disagreee with Kuharsky. There was a glaring miss in not getting a corner. But the impression I'm getting is that the picks aren't for depth, they are to unseat the starters. The Titans current starters mostly suck, hence the 3-13 record.

The exception being Henry. But even there, the Titans want to form an RB committee, and outside of Murray, the Titans have nothing. Cobb, Sankey, Andrews, & McCluster are 10 pounds of crap in a 5 pound bag.

I think we mostly agree. The big head-scratcher was Henry in the 2nd rd. You trade down to net high-value picks, and then waste one on a position that you actually have some depth, albeit mostly average/marginal talent. Murray has 2-3 years of top-10 RB talent left in him and the Titans just have so many needs elsewhere. Not addressing the secondary early is a huge mistake, and trading back up for Conklin (giving up some good picks to do so) with several equally talented tackles still on the board wasn't the best move either.

No he's not.

He's pointing out the arrogance of a poster who's predictions are always overly optimistic and rarely ever come close to reality.

D4H is insufferable.

Reactions: 3 people
No he's not.

He's pointing out the arrogance of a poster who's predictions are always overly optimistic and rarely ever come close to reality.

D4H is insufferable.

Of course he is but doesn't realize it because he wants to make sure someone on the Internet knows they're wrong. It's funny how North is just being ignored

Also, VN has an ignore feature

I agree, PJ. We should weigh consideration for Marquez much more heavily than a chance to rub it in D4H's face that he was wrong.

One is just an internet slap-fight. The other is a young man's life, a young man who wore orange for us on Saturdays. That's where the focus ought to be in these threads about the draft.

The player didn't "fail"...he just didn't get drafted. BOT's "celebration" was geared more toward the FAILURE of a certain self made talent expert. :)

I agree, PJ. We should weigh consideration for Marquez much more heavily than a chance to rub it in D4H's face that he was wrong.

One is just an internet slap-fight. The other is a young man's life, a young man who wore orange for us on Saturdays. That's where the focus ought to be in these threads about the draft.

No one on this board affects Marquez's life.

Of course he is but doesn't realize it because he wants to make sure someone on the Internet knows they're wrong. It's funny how North is just being ignored

Also, VN has an ignore feature

Doesn't work if he's constantly quoted. I tested it out. :)

Oh, he'll find some way to divert his inaccurate prediction into an even more inaccurate prediction.

He's magnificent at repeatedly throwing $h!t to the wall only to throw more heaps of $h!t.

I said Randolph wouldn't get drafted (contrary to some here) so I'm batting .500 right now on draft predictions.

I'd say that's good.

D4H advised him to enter.....he saw all the talent that everyone else has missed.

Actually I was just as surprised as anyone he left. I didn't believe it.

After it was confirmed I assumed he must have had some inside info NFL clubs thought highly of him. Its why I felt comfortable saying 4th round.

Guess he really left with no rationale.

North will have a better career than half the receivers drafted ahead of him.

Its not my fault NFL teams are so dumb. Their track record making 1st round picks is abysmal. Let alone thereafter.

North has good talent. He'll succeed in the league.

No he's not.

D4H is insufferable.

But rooting for me to be wrong is rooting for our players to fail.

Not what a fan is supposed to do. At least theoretically.

North will have a better career than half the receivers drafted ahead of him.

Its not my fault NFL teams are so dumb. Their track record making 1st round picks is abysmal. Let alone thereafter.

North has good talent. He'll succeed in the league.

I think your right about that. It sounds like it would be a waste of time to be on the practice squad in LA. Impossible to make ends meet on $5700 a week.

Jump higher Vols.

VN Store

Back