50 dead, 40+ wounded in nightclub attack in Florida

I'm ok with certain types of police having those at their disposal. SWAT being one. I do think it's a little overkill for a general police officer patrolling the streets needing anything more than a pistol with a few extra mags and a good solid shotgun. If they are trained or took their training seriously they should be able to handle or at least get control of most situations.

Here they carry a semi auto .357 on their person along with a few mags and wear a vest under their shirt as they should. No officer should go without at least a vest. A shot gun in the vehicle and an AR also in the vehicle if needed. I am completely fine with that.

@Stewartmoore

Law enforcement source says the number of dead likely to climb at next briefing. Wouldn't give me specifics

how is that worse than being on the list and never knowing it?

Well, you're under the illusion of freedom, I'd say. Also, it can be said if you place someone on a list, then inform them, they can simply stop doing what they were doing to satisfy the investigation.

There is no true political solution to this.

I'll agree with sharing info between agencies. But, absent a total police state, nothing will change.

The part where you want to be informed of being on a list. Then having to prove your innocence. The potential for abuse is off the charts.

Agree, but do you agree that investigation files should be shared? Not necessarily if they put someone on a "list" but rather the fact someone had some potential shady dealings in their past.

Edit: NM, I see you answered above.

Once again... Our govt is asleep at the wheel and can't Iindentify who is the enemy when. It's so simple

Agree, but do you agree that investigation files should be shared? Not necessarily if they put someone on a "list" but rather the fact someone had some potential shady dealings in their past.

Yep, I clarified that above. It just goes back to liberty or security, make the choice.

Reactions: 1 person
Surprised there hasn't been more talk of why police waited 3 hours to go in

Seems like a place to second guess at this point

@RobertFaturechi

Source: this just went out to top LA law enforcement officials. Suspect w/ assault weapons, camo arrested in WeHo.

Ckw4ZsPUoAAeOuG.jpg

Surprised there hasn't been more talk of why police waited 3 hours to go in

Seems like a place to second guess at this point

Getting building layout? Planning? Waiting until appropriate resources are staged? I don't blame them for rushing headfirst into gunfire without having any sort of plan.

Before Orlando club shooting, gunman called 911, swore allegiance to ISIS - law enforcement sources to NBC

Yep, I clarified that above. It just goes back to liberty or security, make the choice.

I think a careful balance of both can be achieved. I agree with you in the fact the secretive "lists" that one must prove innocence are wrong and have no place in our society. But I also disagree that Federal agencies shouldn't be investigating leads and keeping the data to themselves. Local and State agencies are far more suited to that kind of detail.

Man arrested in Santa Monica with possible explosives and "assault rifles", said he was going to L.A. Gay Pride festival - LA Times

VN Store

Back