2017 QB CJ Lewis commits

You excited about 3 4* recruits and 20 3*s? Great, good for you. I'm not.

This probably won't make a difference to you but what I posted earlier is true.
At a minimum, 3 more of our recruits are actually four stars but to be honest it's probably 4 more.
Several are on some of the sites just not the composite. The reasons they are not in the composite though, isn't because of talent.

As far as pure talent, those stars would raise our standings tremendously. The question is, are you truly interested in the talent or just the ranking for superficial reasons?

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 people
You excited about 3 4* recruits and 20 3*s? Great, good for you. I'm not.

Am I happy with this class RIGHT NOW? No. I will hold my judgement on it until NSD.

Now if the Vols play up to expectations and still have a class filled with low ranked 3 star guys then that means there is a problem. Also, some of these guys will get bumbs in the rankings as the season goes on. When that happens, I am sure you and some others will all of a sudden think they are good then.

Reactions: 1 person
North Carolina, Washington, and Maryland have more 4* than we do right now. And that first year coach in Athens is absolutely eating Butch's lunch with his class. Terrible

Reactions: 7 people
This probably won't make a difference to you but what I posted earlier is true.
At a minimum, 3 more of our recruits are actually four stars but to be honest it's probably 4 more.
Several are on some of the sites just not the composite. The reasons they are not in the composite though, isn't because of talent.

As far as pure talent, those stars would raise our standings tremendously. The question is, are you truly interested in the talent or just the ranking for superficial reasons?

Funny how Alabama, Georgia, A&M, and LSU aren't waiting for somebody to bump their recruits up to have a respectable class.

Reactions: 8 people
Funny how Alabama, Georgia, A&M, and LSU aren't waiting for somebody to bump their recruits up to have a respectable class.

Yeah because that's what I said?
I'm not waiting on anything. I either like a recruit or I don't. There are some in this class I'm not thrilled about there are others that are better than the rankings and I'm definitely glad we got them.

All I know is, nobody's roster is going to look the same 6 months from now. I have a choice of seeing how it plays out or whining and moaning like a little baby the entire time.
So far, Jones has been a very good recruiter, I think I'll stick with that until I have a reason not to.

Reactions: 4 people

Well we did beat Georgia with a ton of 3*s last year even though theyve cherry picked recruits for years. Just saying. And our starting QB us from Georgia

Also don't forget that those same 3*s came within a few plays of beating Alabama as well.

What we did last year has nothing to do with the fact that this class, right now, is subpar. We just got a guy who's best offer is from Boston College..........Boston.....College.

If we win the east or the SEC we will get looks from the higher rated guys that everyone is obsessed with. Everyone including some of the recruits are waiting to see if we're the real deal or over hyped.

Sutton was just a 3*, LOL!

It would be nice if our recruiting ranking every year was in the top 3.

I care lots more for WINS and the National ranking at the end of the year rather than recruiting ranking.

If we get lots of 3* kids and WIN the SEC or a National Championship then who will care or even remember the useless recruiting rankings?

Relax folks, it's a VERY long time until NSD gets here and lots more recruiting to be done.

We have what looks to be several really good QB's on our roster now BUT just maybe buTch knows that 2 of them will transfer out after next years spring ball if they know they have almost zero chance to play.

I'll trust buTch and his staff and see where we are when NSD finally does get here.

All this crying and negative crap on here sure isn't going to help our recruiting 1 little bit and just might cause us to lose a guy or 2 we really want.

Building a Champion WIN by WIN...VFL...GBO!!!

If we win the east or the SEC we will get looks from the higher rated guys that everyone is obsessed with. Everyone including some of the recruits are waiting to see if we're the real deal or over hyped.

Thing is they arent waiting for anything at Georgia or LSU

Reactions: 3 people
Thing is they arent waiting for anything at Georgia or LSU

LSU? The same team that just had one of our three star wide receiver recruits down today because they're really interested in him?
I should text them and let them know that he only had three stars.

Reactions: 1 person
He's mobile....That's what Butch wants.

The drop back QB does not work well with the spread, unless they are mobile.

I think it's obvious what we're doing here. Butch wants to add a qb in this class for depth purposes but doesn't want to sign a highly ranked prospect so that one of the top 18 qbs won't feel threatened by the signing

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back