Recruiting Forum Football Talk XXVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good.

The team needs something like that and Bama making a mockery of them on social media to stay focused the rest of the season.

Have we been focused through the early part of the season though?

We start slow every game. Our talent level took over and brought wins against slaw UF and UGA, but it is clear something isn't right. We never come out locked in. Ever.

Bama has best roster in the universe, but 4 and 5 stars aren't important.

It's more than their recruiting. They develop their players better than anyone else. They are bigger and faster everywhere. USC is also loaded with talent and they are a middling Pac-12 team.

It's more than their recruiting. They develop their players better than anyone else. They are bigger and faster everywhere. USC is also loaded with talent and they are a middling Pac-12 team.

Their entire football program from top to bottom is light years better than anyone else's. They recruit better players. They develop their players better. They game plan the opponent better. They rehabilitate their players better. They are better at everything they do.

Their entire football program from top to bottom is light years better than anyone else's. They recruit better players. They develop their players better. They game plan the opponent better. They rehabilitate their players better. They are better at everything they do.

The only coach who comes even close at this point is Urban Meyer. We'll see on Jim Harbaugh.

Harbaugh will do huge things at Michigan. He's in friggin year 1 and he's getting 200% out of his team right now.

Coaches are to CFB what QBs are to the NFL, but I would argue they're even more important.

There are 3 can't miss coaches right now in Saban, Meyer, and Harbaugh. Petersen may be one too, but I'm not sure he'll have the talent at UW to truly compete.

Outside of that, you've got top guys in Fisher, Patterson, Swinney, Shaw, Stoops, and Dantonio, but they all look vulnerable from time to time (and in fact they're all having bad seasons right now outside of Dabo).

Wonder what the score would have been if Bama sat their two starting LBs, then take their backups and sit them, take their two starting CBs and sit them, take 3 of their starting DTs and sit them, take 3-4 of their starting O linemen and sit them, pick a WR and sit him... Probably more along the lines of 30-21 Bama...

Coaches are to CFB what QBs are to the NFL, but I would argue they're even more important.

There are 3 can't miss coaches right now in Saban, Meyer, and Harbaugh. Petersen may be one too, but I'm not sure he'll have the talent at UW to truly compete.

Outside of that, you've got top guys in Fisher, Patterson, Swinney, Shaw, Stoops, and Dantonio, but they all look vulnerable from time to time (and in fact they're all having bad seasons right now outside of Dabo).
I would put Pererson right on the cusp of that upper tier. Next guy in. His class right now looks pretty solid for Pac12.

Side note, Notre Dame could legitimately go 3-9.

ND and Michigan State's collapses this year are unbelievable.

ND's only likely win left is Army and MSU's is Rutgers. I see both at 4-8, because I think both teams will put it together for one game they should lose.

I want Chris Peterson and UW to get a crack at the big boys with some preparation time. They have some dynamic players on offense and a great QB.

I think they can beat anyone.

So 5 stars important or nah?

Let us discuss.

We've still got some work to do, depth wise. If we ever get to a point where our second or third strings are 4 and 5 stars it'll be next man up. Until then, we'll be hindered against talented teams like our last two opponents.

However, our current talent and depth is enough to compete for the East.

If this class winds up in the Top 5, like some have suggested as possibly happening, it will round up 4.5 very talented classes for Butch. As good as this season could STILL be, next year could be as good if not better.

And if Kamara decides to come back...next season we should be BETTER.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back