Official Jon Gruden Thread XXIX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Basillio is manufacturing a story where none exists. It's what you have to do when you buy broadcast time on what is effectively public access radio, and work for donations.

He is actually doing something far more stupid. He is now working against the Gruden deal. Why in the hell would he throw out there that Butch is mad Gruden is trying to take the job from under him? Knowing Gruden would be sensitive to such a thing. This is getting ridiculous.

i read a post the other day that made sense, but i don't remember who it was.

gruden views himself as a rock star, as well he should. that being said, coaches in the nfl are just coaches. the players are the rock stars.

however, in college coaches are royalty, rock stars, the main attraction, which is why gruden fits college this time around.

interesting thought.

That's a good point that I hadn't considered before. If he's truly as "ego-maniacal" as people say, the college game would be a better fit than the NFL.

Reactions: 1 person
I must be wrong on the $50,000 comment.... I went back and searched his posts but could not find it.... I guess my OLDTIMERS kicked in again ...sorry :whistling::mf_surrender:
he used a $50 million reference, could that be what you are scratching your head over ?

Reactions: 3 people
Tony B is reporting that CBJ is going to Boosters saying he will fire all his assistant coaches if they give him another year and don’t fire him. Tony B also reporting that CBJ is telling the players they are trying to hire Gruden underneath him while he’s still coaching. CBJ if this it true is trying to play his on players against the school, I don’t like this at all In fact it pisses me off. If CBJ is really saying this to the players he is trying to turn players against the school and each other. Again just passing this alone

Did Tony actually say Gruden? Because if he did, that contraindicates everything he's been saying that grumors are ridiculous.

Reactions: 8 people
Can there be any correlation to the locations mentioned by the Beav last night to possible OCs, DCs, positron coaches, etc? That was my thought after reading it last night and then I did some research on a few of the names that have been mentioned. It makes sense with McDaniels(Nantucket/NE), Neuheisel (Aspen/CO), and I can't really pin point the Asheville one. Maybe I'm reaching but maybe it's another riddle.

Interesting.

Can there be any correlation to the locations mentioned by the Beav last night to possible OCs, DCs, positron coaches, etc? That was my thought after reading it last night and then I did some research on a few of the names that have been mentioned. It makes sense with McDaniels(Nantucket/NE), Neuheisel (Aspen/CO), and I can't really pin point the Asheville one. Maybe I'm reaching but maybe it's another riddle.

Asheville is just where Gruden/AD signed. Perhaps.

Reactions: 7 people
He is actually doing something far more stupid. He is now working against the Gruden deal. Why in the hell would he throw out there that Butch is mad Gruden is trying to take the job from under him? Knowing Gruden would be sensitive to such a thing. This is getting ridiculous.

That makes me angry. He knows Gruden would never want to be seen that way. Sounds like he's trying to sabotage the deal... But Whyyy???

Tony B is reporting that CBJ is going to Boosters saying he will fire all his assistant coaches if they give him another year and don’t fire him. Tony B also reporting that CBJ is telling the players they are trying to hire Gruden underneath him while he’s still coaching. CBJ if this it true is trying to play his on players against the school, I don’t like this at all In fact it pisses me off. If CBJ is really saying this to the players he is trying to turn players against the school and each other. Again just passing this alone

If that was the case about Butch, Currie would have fired him. I'm sure in a twisted way that would be a "cause" to fire him. No way he runs the AD and keeps someone in charge trying to sabotage the program. Also, that would be career suicide for Butch. I don't believe that part in the least.

I've not predicted anything other than Butch being gone. I'm going to stick to that.

I've heard good things, but am just along for the ride with you. No predictions from 'Boro this time...learned my lesson.

someone said to you the other day, something like, it must be nice being you, referring to being in the know.

i agree with them.
i see your point as well.

giphy.gif

and boro be like:
giphy.gif

Reactions: 2 people
Ahhh. I'm a little behind this morning. Thanks. I'll try to keep up.

No worries, it moves fast. The Neuheisel piece being Colorado makes sense, but I can't imagine Neuheisel plus McDaniels unless the locations are meant to be possible staff members

I saw some referencing to Josh McDaniels. Is he being considered as an option for Head Coach or as a member of Gruden’s staff or was that just a red herring?

Asheville is just close to Knoxville. Everyone in Knoxville is looking for JG. Asheville he would go under the radar somewhat. JMO

Edit: People in Asheville wouldn't recognize any UT affiliates.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
back in 2012 wasnt there like some high school coach in the Tennessee area that had retired to become apart of the staff? what was his name?

That makes me angry. He knows Gruden would never want to be seen that way. Sounds like he's trying to sabotage the deal... But Whyyy???

Because there will be nothing to get the fans angry about. Therefore his listeners drop, because that's the only thing he had going for him. Angry listeners. If people are happy about the football program what does he have to play on to get them to listen to his show?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back