Recruiting Forum Football Talk LVII

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been off and on the thread the last few months so please forgive the old subject.

What happened to Tyler Byrd as a DB? It was a favorite talking point in this thread for so long, and then...nothin'. I missed the in 'n' out.

He didn't excel at corner or safety and it appears they think he is best suited at this time to be a WR.

I want him to be the guy as well. Hate watching young adults cry on the sidelines when a mean coach doesn’t play them

What about when the OL gave the ole blocks against bama and got JG crushed like 19 times and he got up every time and kept playing.

What about when the OL gave the ole blocks against bama and got JG crushed like 19 times and he got up every time and kept playing.

You know you got a good QB when he holds the ball long enough to get sacked 7 time in a game yet he gets up every time

Damn breakerboy you need to stick to coaching individuals. Pruitt is acting like nobody is good because he wants someone to step up and be a leader.

His interview yesterday he said: one day I won’t have to police these guys they will do it themselves. He’s treating everyone exactly the same and looking for a few leaders to step up and take this team over.

I haven’t been on the field since the early 90’s and it’s simple for me to see what he’s doing.

No he’s acting like he’s at Bama already in some instances. The team looks more aggressive and coached better already. That policing yourselves won’t happen hardcore until his own guys are in. He’s only coached at places with good players already there(Check his resume).

Him being disappointed with the fans showed another sign of a young coach. You never call out a fan base that showed real support while you haven’t won a game in your coaching career. I like him and have no problem with him coaching wise but he’s got to calm down on some stuff.

I do think we look much better coached top to bottom though. That’s apparent just watching run fits and things.

Reactions: 2 people
That wasn’t their choice. They had no chance of blocking them. Lol

Probably true, but JG showed a lot of toughness in that game to take that beating and keep getting back in there. IMO. And after that game played much better down the stretch. Not great, but improved.

My big worry with Chryst is that we’ll see him do what he did at Stanford: play lights out in practice, win the starting job, and underwhelm on Saturdays.

i will take underwhelm at 11 and 2...it comes down to decision making. Who is going to take the check down to keep the chains moving. I did not see that in the spring game. A ton of iffy throws imo.

Yeah he was getting destroyed that game. Kid showed a lot of heart and killed anybody questioning his toughness. Hope he kills all the Chryst talk at QB this Fall. We need some stability at QB to build off of for the 2019-2020 season not just this Fall.

Reactions: 1 person
You know you got a good QB when he holds the ball long enough to get sacked 7 time in a game yet he gets up every time

That wasn't my point. You seemed to question his toughness because of the GT game he didn't play in. I think he showed some toughness in the bama game. He was hit far more than 7 times. It was almost every time he dropped back.

Probably true, but JG showed a lot of toughness in that game to take that beating and keep getting back in there. IMO. And after that game played much better down the stretch. Not great, but improved.

He’s much better now. Ball is coming out a lot faster. Still holds it long on some plays but he’s much better processing things now. Passing concepts are much better as well too.

i will take underwhelm at 11 and 2...it comes down to decision making. Who is going to take the check down to keep the chains moving. I did not see that in the spring game. A ton of iffy throws imo.

It’s why I’m favoriting Chryst to win the job. More consistent accuracy wise and experience. We will have a simple throw offense for the most part. hopefully can make plays with his legs like he did in 2016 for Stanford.

Peterman also had much, much less experience.

I hope things work out for Chryst, I’m just skeptical of it happening and I think that (long term) it would be disappointing and a bad sign for us if JG can’t beat him out.

I hope JG wins the job too. At the very least Chryst is going to up the competition and make JG better. And quite frankly I doubt we make it all season without playing 2 or more QB's so we're going to need Chryst even if he doesn't start vs WVU.

He’s much better now. Ball is coming out a lot faster. Still holds it long on some plays but he’s much better processing things now. Passing concepts are much better as well too.

Anticipation is hard to develop. That’s a feel thing that I think some players just have naturally better than others. Hopefully with this offense it helps him tho.

Anticipation is hard to develop. That’s a feel thing that I think some players just have naturally better than others. Hopefully with this offense it helps him tho.

It's hard to tell from last season since the opposing defense had such an easy time anticipating where the play was going in our scheme anyway.

ESPNU rerun on now of USC playing Oregon. See a lot of similarities from our spring game to them. Playcall wise.

Hey Newt, if I give you a hard time about Netflix are you going to take it all seriously and think I'm melting down?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back