Vols are borderline of no bowl and Liberty Bowl

Have a little faith mate
There are a lot of posters trying to knock down the 2018 Tennessee team while trying to build up a mediocre West Virginia team. When Tennessee beats West Virginia those same people will say the win means nothing because West Virginia sucks and was overrated.

I can't help but be sceptical of some of the 8 win predictions. Everything would have to go perfectly for that to happen. With that said, WV is a very winnable game. Their offense is formidable but if Pruitt lives up to his billing, our newly improved secondary should provide some turnovers. From there we need to run the ball against their questionable defense. Sustain drives, keep our D fresh, and grind their D into paste. They can score quickly, but that can work against you if your defense is gassed. Pruitt seems like a smash mouth kind of guy. That's what you need to beat a team like WV. Let's hope it comes together.

Gotta love off season predictions. At this point nobody knows jack. We will all find out at the same time what we have

Jerry Palm has Tennessee missing a bowl, but Vandy at 5-7 going to a bowl.

PODCAST: SEC bowl projections with Jerry Palm

I really want to disagree about the Vols making a bowl game, but in the back of my mind I just can't remove the memory of last year's record

I've never witnessed a Vol team play as badly as last year's butt Jones coached squad, not even close.
I'm still upset at butt Jones, even with the fact that he's no longer here, what a joke of a coach

1534427931179.gif

Which 7 teams do you think we beat?
Here is how i think Tennessee's football season will go

West Virginia W
ETSU W
UTEP W
Florida W
Georgia L
Alabama L
Auburn L
South Carolina L
Charlotte W
Kentucky W
Missouri W
Vanderbilt W

Tennessee 8-4 and 4-4 in the SEC

Here is how i think Tennessee's football season will go

West Virginia W
ETSU W
UTEP W
Florida W
Georgia L
Alabama L
Auburn L
South Carolina L
Charlotte W
Kentucky W
Missouri W
Vanderbilt W

Tennessee 8-4 and 4-4 in the SEC
Fair enough, I disagree but its a fair assessment :)

I wouldn't necessarily say 5 wins is worrisome, if all the east teams end up being at least relatively good (probably not going to happen but possible) and we're competitive in every single game I don't think 5 wins would be the worst possible outcome.

It would not be the worst. 4 wins would be the worst. Butch got 5 in his first year and he lost to Vandy to end the season. CJP has a lot of work to do, but 5 wins would make me uneasy, not jump off a bridge uneasy, but it would be a long off season.

Reactions: GetYouSomeofThat
West Virginia,Florida and Missouri wont be as good as people think they will be. I think West Virginia goes 6-6,Florida goes 7-5 and Missouri goes 5-7.
Mizzou still has Drew and that dude can hum a football. Florida went through a regime change but they went to a head coach that has been around and is proven to do a lot with a little. We both know FL has a lot instead of a little sooo.. WV is hard for me to say but I know they can put up some points and we have had a hard time stopping an air attack(or ground for that matter) so that scares me with them. Do we have a chance to win all 3? Sure, and I believe we will surprise some people but declaring them wins without seeing this team and Pruitt in action, I can't do. Glad some of us have that optimism tho :)

Which 7 teams do you think we beat?
We will beat the 3 speed bumps plus Vandy and Kentucky. That leaves WVU, Florida, SC, and Mizzou as tossups. I'm already on record that I think we will beat WVU. That means he has to go 1-2 against the remaining 3. Not an overwhelming task. I personally think we beat Florida this year, and I don't think winning one of the remaining 2 is out of the question either.

We will beat the 3 speed bumps plus Vandy and Kentucky. That leaves WVU, Florida, SC, and Mizzou as tossups. I'm already on record that I think we will beat WVU. That means he has to go 1-2 against the remaining 3. Not an overwhelming task. I personally think we beat Florida this year, and I don't think winning one of the remaining 2 is out of the question either.
Fair enough and I hope you're right! I think WV game will tell us what to expect as far as defense but we could lose that game and still turn some things around IMO

Talked with a good friend yesterday that I haven’t talked to since late spring. He’s a true “insider” and a humongous donor. His exact words to me were...”5-7 to 8-4 and nobody has a clue where it will be”. I guess most of us realize this and it’s kinda what CJP is telling recruits as well. I think “rough” is the word Jeremy has used describing what he expects this first season. Sooooo....why care what sports talking heads and prognosticators say? I mean our own coaching staff doesn’t know. Let’s enjoy the ride.

Making a bowl is the first goal of the season. 7 wins would be impressive. 5 would be worrisome. Let's be real. 8 would be one hell of a season.

Winning the first game should be the first goal of the season IMO.

VN Store

Back