Vols Defensive Back Arrested

Status
Not open for further replies.
That at least according to our current laws... has consequences through increased insurance rates for everyone else.

I'm about as pro freedom as long as people take personal responsibility as you are likely to find. But something that is common use with hazards like highways almost have to have tighter rules of use.
Then apply that standard to everything.

Reactions: hog88
This kid shouldn’t be kicked off the team for hitting a cop. He should be kicked off for not knocking the cop out with the punch and then not being able to out run them.

Reasons people become cops:
1. Too stupid and lazy to go to college.
2. Too stupid and lazy to major in something other than criminal justice.
3. Can’t qualify for the Marine Corp.
4. Cousin became sheriff and offered job. It’s better than working the local Hardee’s drive-thru.
5. Enjoys working closely to other men in cop uniforms.
6. Likes harassing black people.

Not sure if youre serious or not but i did LOL.

There are lots of good cops out there and i know a few. However there are some complete assholes that are wearing a badge because of the power they gain from it. Most of the good guys know who those assholes are but typically choose turn a blind eye to ot because of the uniform.

This is what gives cops a bad reputation more rhan anything else. The good ones have been trained to protect the bad ones and are shunned if they dont do so.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
Damn guys, can we let all of the facts come out before you crucify the guy? Aren't a lot of you "Let he who is without sin, cast the first stone" Folks? I'm sure Coach Pruitt will handle the situation accordingly and I will support his decision 100%.
Exactly... lets just take the word of the cop and the media. They never lie.

Once other officers caught up to him and had taken him into custody, George said, "He hit me first. Why can't I hit him back?" according to the police report.

A scholarship DB gets run down by police...... and not very bright on top of that.

Bye, Kenneth George

It's the police job to catch people.
They have walk talkies and coordinate with other officers on the whereabouts of the runner/suspect.

No one outruns the cops on foot...

Since this thread has turned into a forum on societal short comings. Let's go deep.. There's plenty of blame to go around but personally I think it's on all of us.. Ask yoursleves this.. When a society, as a whole, sits back and allows an abomination such as "abortion at any time" to become law anywhere, what the f*** have we become?

Maybe we are just getting what we deserve..

Freak, delete or move as necessary..

Then apply that standard to everything.
Everything isn't shared to the same degree... nor do we want it to be.

The alternative would be 100% toll roads allowing private entities to control the "rules" of use. The founders wisely considered roadways a different thing IMO.

Reactions: Vol Main
One night in Anahuac when I was in my 20's and didn't know any better, and was picked up for reckless driving, the cops landed all the blows. But that was after I had called them a bunch of SOB's.

A couple years later I was driving home in my 911 dodging the potholes a couple miles from my house at 9:30 on a Friday night after an unremarkable blind dinner date.

By the way I'm a white boy and the Sheriff who pulled me over was black. He asked me had I been drinking. Though I was stone sober I did, foolishly, admit to having had a glass of wine with dinner. One glass. He said "walk a straight line." I did. I asked him to give me a breath test; he declined. My azz was hauled in, and my nice car was hauled away, and I was unjustly charged with DUI which I was able to plead down to PI by paying a shyster $1000.

So one should be wary of the law. Lessons learned in one's youth.
Black police showing out for the white cop...

I didn't realize not wearing a seatbelt was a such a passion for you? You certainly have the right to be thrown through a car windshield or suffer a serious head trauma if you feel such passion for it.
What I choose to do, and what choices are available to all individuals is distinctly different. I am in favor of adults of sound mind being afforded the opportunity to risk death or injury as a result of their choices.

Too often, police gangs escalate a situation to violence or unjustified arrest and incarceration. These are not some fringe minority, but a systemic problem in America that has led to unacceptable levels of police violence and incarceration of citizens, that exist nowhere else in the free world. Their are overtly dishonest cops and cops that cover for dishonest cops in the police gangs. It's easy to understand how any cop that doesn't cover for the gang will be shunned and leave police work. I have seen and even experienced first-hand how cops destroy innocent people with their ego-fueled attacks. In modern America, police have become a fraternal gang who protect and serve each other, lie for each other and cover for each other. Cops can, and do, destroy lives with little accountability when their ego's are offended, or other motives. Police make a living putting citizens in cages, burdening them with crushing financial pressure to prove their innocence or escape often false or contrived charges.

Bravo sir. 👏👏

The details in the reports are hilarious. He punched the police officer in the head, not the face not the ear not the chin. Weirdly vague. And the officer needed paramedic treatment for cuts on his arms and knees.

Now I'm no Sherlock Holmes but I did sleep at a Holiday inn Express once. I also have been in many a scuffle. Hitting someone in the head rarely results in cuts to their arms and legs. However wrestling one to the ground on concrete often does. It's like the reports are trying hard to make it seem like George injured the officer when he allegedly punched him. When the limited evidence in the statement points to something different.

This sounds like a kid did some dumb ish and they are blowing it way out of proportion.

A good friend of mine may he Rest In Peace I guess was to stupid to become a cop, graduate at the top of his class, rise through the ranks, become chief in arguably one of the worst cities, be recruited to the FBI, and again rise to the top of his class, and before he passed was a special adviser to the governor. Never once did he take bribes, never once did he assault anyone, never once did he cross the line. He did it the right way for many years and was a proud and respected member of the community. The label that all Policemen and women are the same is the biggest crock of ****. There are a lot of good ones out there who do it the right way. It’s pieces of trash like you who lump them all together because you refuse to take accountability for your actions so someone had to hold you accountable. Continue to be an ******* though it’s probably the only thing you do right in life.
Who said "all"?

Any of the more "qualified", infinitely patient people bashing the police are more than welcome to switch careers since you feel such passion that they are beholden to racism and douchebaggery. I for one appreciate the fact that there are men and women of all races that are willing to take such a thankless, low paying, high stress careers. It's just like people who criticize the military. If you aren't willing to serve then you have no room to complain

Too often, police gangs escalate a situation to violence or unjustified arrest and incarceration. These are not some fringe minority, but a systemic problem in America that has led to unacceptable levels of police violence and incarceration of citizens, that exist nowhere else in the free world. Their are overtly dishonest cops and cops that cover for dishonest cops in the police gangs. It's easy to understand how any cop that doesn't cover for the gang will be shunned and leave police work. I have seen and even experienced first-hand how cops destroy innocent people with their ego-fueled attacks. In modern America, police have become a fraternal gang who protect and serve each other, lie for each other and cover for each other. Cops can, and do, destroy lives with little accountability when their ego's are offended, or other motives. Police make a living putting citizens in cages, burdening them with crushing financial pressure to prove their innocence or escape often false or contrived charges.

Huh. Just curious who you are going to call or hope shows up when you or a loved one is in serious trouble? Robbed, raped, injured, abused or worse? I hate blanket accusations.

I've known police all my life... Have relatives that are in law enforcement. Like every facet of life, there are people who are bad actors. Police especially have a chance to let the power they have go to their heads, and I have seen some very over-zealous police officers, and ones that are up to no good. By and extremely large, however, the ones I know and have known would lay down their lives in a second for someone else no matter their race, sex or social station and do live to serve in a largely thankless, dangerous and severely underpaid job. </rant>

As for the subject at hand with this case, I'm sure the facts will come out and the current UT administration will handle it just fine.

And the sad part is, this type of rhetoric will only make things worse. It will run off alot of quality applicants that would make good officers.
Police are a segment of society and of course, human. With that, you will have officers that dont handle the job well, just like every other profession.
People would take a look at the recruiting struggles of agencies everwhere. Constant hating cops and assuming all white cops are racist, will bring you more problems in the future.
DOJ estimates nearly 70 million police related interactions annually. About .04 % result in any level of force being used. This shows us that 1. The overwhelming majority of cops do their job pretty good and 2. The overwhelming majority of people of all races are cooperative with police.

Here is a pretty good article about this subject.
The DOJ’s Policing Statistics Don’t Lie | National Review
Good article except the Brown-Ferguson thing has now been pretty much proven to be nothing but a narrative driven by racists/race baiters on the left... having little to do with the color blind facts of justice... or any particular concern for the welfare or advancement of black people.... or any resolution of any issues between law enforcement and minority communities. It was an attempt to stoke hatred and mistrust.

Any of the more "qualified", infinitely patient people bashing the police are more than welcome to switch careers since you feel such passion that they are beholden to racism and douchebaggery. I for one appreciate the fact that there are men and women of all races that are willing to take such a thankless, low paying, high stress careers. It's just like people who criticize the military. If you aren't willing to serve then you have no room to complain
That makes no sense.

People complain about the president, their auto mechanic, their dentist, etc and know jack squat about those professions. Yet we've placed these people in uniform on a pedestal and made them untouchable when it comes to fair and righteous criticisms.

Reactions: Old Geezer
Good article except the Brown-Ferguson thing has now been pretty much proven to be nothing but a narrative driven by racists/race baiters on the left... having little to do with the color blind facts of justice... or any particular concern for the welfare or advancement of black people.... or any resolution of any issues between law enforcement and minority communities. It was an attempt to stoke hatred and mistrust.
We can always count on sjt to say something ignorant. 😐

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back