George Floyd Protest/Riots

I'm done for right now. It's exhausting arguing with people who refuse to see the reality of the situation. Most everyone wants change, but few are willing to accept change needs to come from all sides, not one. And how you achieve that change matters. Once upon a time we had leaders that understood that. Not so much anymore.

Great point, you really exposed me and the entire country. I’m sure people will turn their backs on BLM en masse for ALM and you won’t just be caught trying to defend an outdated POV

Give me a date. Last night it was about the timing, too sensitive right now.

So what is the date? Why can you not give details to your own thoughts?

I'm done for right now. It's exhausting arguing with people who refuse to see the reality of the situation. Most everyone wants change, but few are willing to accept change needs to come from all sides, not one. And how you achieve that change matters. Once upon a time we had leaders that understood that. Not so much anymore.
Maga!

Because all LEO's act like the 4 ass holes in MN. Stop being detached from reality. The majority of cops are not the enemy you paint them to be. The actions of the few do not represent the majority.

I'm not saying all of them...but since you brought it up...it's literally all 4 that were on the scene, how can all 4 cops on a scene be this bad? There are plenty that will do bad **** and let bad **** happen, and that's not even counting the ones who won't speak up when they become aware of issues. If you got 4 outwardly corrupt cops and 96 cops that won't hold them accountable, you have 100 bad cops.

Those ideas aren't new. Doubtful they get enforced and trickle down to where they really need to. You don't even understand what it is you're fighting for, just lashing out at anyone who disagrees. And again, most do not disagree with the message, but with the methods being employed. Ultimately, this current situation will do more harm than good. Violence creates division, not unity.

This reads like someone just copy-pasted all the common talking points they could find, most of which are being proven wrong before our eyes

Reactions: Tyler Durden
It's more of an apology for hurting people's feelings and that he said things that were misunderstood. He didn't take back his comments or suggest his stance has changed on the flag.

“They lacked awareness and any type of compassion or empathy. Instead, those words have become divisive and hurtful and have misled people into believing that somehow I am an enemy. This could not be further from the truth, and is not an accurate reflection of my heart or my character,” he added.

The veteran New Orleans Saints quarterback then tried to clarify his stance.

“I stand with the black community in the fight against systemic racial injustice and police brutality and support the creation of real policy change that will make a difference,” he wrote. “I condemn the years of oppression that have taken place throughout our black communities and still exists today.”

“I recognize that I am part of the solution and can be a leader for the black community in this movement. I will never know what it’s like to be a black man or raise black children in America but I will work every day to put myself in those shoes and fight for what is right,” he added.

“I have ALWAYS been an ally, never an enemy. I am sick about the way my comments were perceived yesterday, but I take full responsibility and accountability. I recognize that I should do less talking and more listening...and when the black community is talking about their pain, we all need to listen.

“For that, I am very sorry and I ask your forgiveness.”

You would be less cranky if you would get that tooth pulled.

His statement showed he didn't understand why they were kneeling. It's not about disrespect. Maybe you don't get it either but I bet Brees is more likely to make the effort next time

It's amazing how somebody so close to it could be so tone deaf. He's talking to the kneelers every day. He knows their motives. He knows their hearts. He should know where they're coming from. And he still doesn't get it.

He apologized because he thought it was going to hit him in the pocketbook.

Never let your money get mad or have pride.

Indeed. I'm wondering where this comment was when all the SJW haters were throwing a parade about Lebron not speaking up against China.

VN Store

Back