Pruitt Post Game

Reminds me of Fulmer’s comments after losing to Bama 6-3 at Tuscaloosa ... said something along the lines of “made some significant improvements on offense today”
I think was Johnny in 1990.... worst game I ever saw live......really there is nothing a coach can say when we suck that will make anyone happy.... fans will say it’s either excuses.... he is clueless.... throwing players under the bus..... in this off week.... he needs to fix the QB situation and our middle of the field defense... if he doesn’t it could snowball down hill in a hurry.

since he just fired the DL coach, what else could he say. Other than the fumble and run back TD, I thought the O outplayed the D. Doesn’t mean they were great, but better.
To be fair look at what Bama's offense did to UGA in the second half. I mean defense was going to look like gargabe regardless, JP had to know this smh.

Reactions: Volinnooga
He's not a BSer, he's just a jumped up DB coach who lucked into other coaches' recruiting a player development as a DC at Georgia and Alabama, and parlayed that into a HC gig at UT that will see him set for life.

Hats off to to him, he achieved the America Dream, but that still won't change the fact that he'll be back on Alabama's staff as a DC or lower come 2023.
This is my personal opinion but my leash is longer with Pruitt vs Dooley or Butch because both had never really done anything on their own as head coaches. Now Pruitt hasn't either but this is his first head coaching gig.

One thing I personally believe is that Pruitt had a better tree and environment to climb the ranks compared to the previous two coaches. I think being a DC at the programs he was at was better than being a head coach at LA tech or Cincinasty...... One thing I have learned (based on last year) is that I won't judge a some blunt coach like Pruitt mid season. If he was to go 7-3 or 6-4, given the first 5 games, I think Pruitt would be at the same or slight better shape than where he was as a coach that just went 8-5 and bowl game win.

The offense needs a major spark and we will see what Pruitt does with the bye week in terms of getting the offense turned around. In its current stance, this offense ain't scoring a lot of points.

This season is quickly derailing and this class will fall apart. Our HC is a clueless gump.

He’s always been a gumper and it was one of my biggest worries. He was regularly seen wearing gump gear around Hoover and has nothing but gump friends and gump family. He’s a bloody gump and he’s doing a gump job. He’s accomplishing his mission in A-1 fashion.

This is my personal opinion but my leash is longer with Pruitt vs Dooley or Butch because both had never really done anything on their own as head coaches. Now Pruitt hasn't either but this is his first head coaching gig.

One thing I personally believe is that Pruitt had a better tree and environment to climb the ranks compared to the previous two coaches. I think being a DC at the programs he was at was better than being a head coach at LA tech or Cincinasty...... One thing I have learned (based on last year) is that I won't judge a some blunt coach like Pruitt mid season. If he was to go 7-3 or 6-4, given the first 5 games, I think Pruitt would be at the same or slight better shape than where he was as a coach that just went 8-5 and bowl game win.

The offense needs a major spark and we will see what Pruitt does with the bye week in terms of getting the offense turned around. In its current stance, this offense ain't scoring a lot of points.

Pruitt's entire college coaching career has either been under Saban, or at schools with rosters made up of predominantly of players that he didn't have to recruit or develop.

2020-10-24-19-58-06-Jeremy-Pruitt-Wikipedia.png

UT is the first stop where he has had to recruit and develop players of his own, and he is failing, spectacularly so.

Throw in the fact that he seems to also be incapable of making HC decisions, and what you have is a scenario that will end in another coaching search after 5 seasons of mediocrity or worse.

Last edited:
There is a lot of truth here. Until the Bama machine is braked this is the reality. We simply aren’t winning until the recruiting game is on an even level.

Go ahead and pencil this game in as a loss until it changes.
Bama and UT could trade coaching staffs and UT probably wins next year.
If the recruiting game is on an even level we still don’t win. There is a bigger gap in coaching talent than player talent.

Pruitt's entire college coaching career has either been under Saban, or at schools with players with rosters made up of predominantly of players that he didn't have to recruit or develop.

2020-10-24-19-58-06-Jeremy-Pruitt-Wikipedia.png

UT is the first stop where he has had to recruit and develop players of his own, and he is failing, spectacularly so.

Throw in the fact that he seems to also be incapable of making HC decisions, and what you have is a scenario that will end in another coaching search after 5 seasons of mediocrity or worse.

I would not say Pruitt is failing a recruiting players on a equitable scale to his previous schools.

I also don't believe he is in over his head where it was abundantly clear that Dooley and Butch were.

Just be a realist, but Covid is going to make sure UT doesn't can him after year 3 and likely year 4. I just don't think its logical to make a decision on the guy mid year when he shook things up last year after a bad start and ran went 7-1 to end the year.

Like I said (this is my personal opinion), 6-4 or 7-3 finish gets Pruitt to the same or better position than he was when he started the season. He has to shake things up for sure, but It isn't like he hasn't shown he will do it before.

Bama and UT could trade coaching staffs and UT probably wins next year.
If the recruiting game is on an even level we still don’t win. There is a bigger gap in coaching talent than player talent.

Wrong. In fact, not even close. Remind how GOAT Saban was before he had the Bama
Recruiting machine and Emmett/Sankey top cover?

Give Pruitt Bama’s roster and we win and it isn’t close. Coaching looks a hell of a lot better with superior talent.

How stupid can you be to trot JG out there week in and week out and keep expecting a different out come. Oh yeah he practiced good all week but never plays good on the weekend. How many times does it have to happen for you to figure out what is happening.

Wrong. In fact, not even close. Remind how GOAT Saban was before he had the Bama

Give Pruitt Bama’s roster and we win and it isn’t close. Coaching looks a hell of a lot better with superior talent.
National championship at LSU

Reactions: TN_Transplant
He just said to play at a high level in this league you had to have practice habits that the older players have and that the younger players don't. Said they aren't earning playing time in practice. He said this after being asked about Maurer playing.

We are lost at all levels from AD to water boys.
So his recruits aren't practicing as hard as Botch's, what?

lol keep fighting BeardedVol...see how that works out

-popcorn-

Reactions: MemphisVol77
Best offensive day of the year, hmmm. What does that say about his Defense if this was Bama's most lopsided win of the season

Good Lord I hate this coach. Full of **** and can't accept his piss poor coaching and decisions. Sometime please fire this coach issue

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
If you believe Saban has the same run at LSU he had at Bama the last 15 years you are bound hope.
Are you ignorant? he already had his run! And won a NC.
It ain’t Saban we’re talking about.
Pruitt has been embarrassed by Geo St and Kentucky, teams, to be kind with equal talent

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
Any update on Trey Smith's injury? I didn't notice if he was back in or not.

Saban won an NC at LSU. Alabama was a trainwreck by Alabama standards when he got there, and in his second year they went undefeated until the SECCG, where they lost to the eventual NC Gators. The next year they we went 14-0 and did win the NC>

VN Store

Back