ESPN Chris Low Says Tony Elliot & Sonny Dykes Are Names To Watch For

Not so fast my friend. Pruitt has lawyered up from what I read ... UT will settle for something less than $12M id guess.
His lawyer's defense was that Pruitt "didn't know anything about what was going on". It's a dumbass argument considering Pruitt's contract explicitly put him on the hook for anything happening with his assistants too. I doubt he gets a dime.

I don't hate the idea of Elliott but if we're going to hire a guy who's never been a HC before, I'd much rather just hire Mayo. I have a lot of faith that he could fix the culture issues and would likely keep most of the offensive staff (Chaney is good when he isn't being held back).
Agree, but Mayo is not very happy with the way things have been going at Tennessee for a long time.

Reactions: Nouveaux
By putting Dykes name on the list, comparatively, it makes Elliot look soooo much better. As an example, a 2017 Ford F-150 looks more desirable when it is parked next to the Yugo! (Obviously we are not getting a Ferrari)

Cheerleader effect......or would that be reverse cheerleader effect?

By putting Dykes name on the list, comparatively, it makes Elliot look soooo much better. As an example, a 2017 Ford F-150 looks more desirable when it is parked next to the Yugo!

Cheerleader effect......or would that be reverse cheerleader effect?
Or as someone else pointed out, Whites sister is an associate AD at SMU. So they could just be doing SMU a solid by having Dykes name put out there. Create some positive press for their program.

His lawyer's defense was that Pruitt "didn't know anything about what was going on". It's a dumbass argument considering Pruitt's contract explicitly put him on the hook for anything happening with his assistants too. I doubt he gets a dime.

I would think that defense would make him look even worse. Because as a HC your main job is to actually know what's going on.

You CAN NOT stop the negativity with a hire like Dykes. I can't imagine what the AD would see in him which is why I DO NOT believe he's being talked about by anyone except his agent. He's not coming to UT. (Better not)
I’m starting to think the whole keep the negativity off of social media line was a “prepare to be kicked in the ball bag”

Herman is among the best of any of the realistic candidates. But I think some fans underestimate how big of a dumpster fire the program is right now ... and there's big potential for it to get worse. Many coaches don't want the headache.

I will say that I'd rather name one of our current staff interim HC over hiring freaking Sonny Dykes. Dykes would be Dooley 2.0. Honestly one of the worst possible hires we could make.

So hire a PROVEN builder like Bill Clark. They literally didn’t have a football team when he was hired.

Chris Low is legit. But this search doesn't seem like others. So his regular contacts may not have reliable info.

Danny White is a human, which means he has at least a tiny ego. He just got the best job of his life. You think his first move would be to hire Sonny Dykes?

No way.

If he can’t make a splash right now he’ll buy time with Steele until he can.

Reactions: volfan8 and Nickoli
So hire a PROVEN builder like Bill Clark. They literally didn’t have a football team when he was hired.
Technically he was hired when they did have a football team. Then took it away. Then gave it back (or more like forced to give it back at the point of millions of dollar bills).

Ehhh,.maybe. But, if let the lawyers determine that. Many are going for a settlement and UT may throw a few his way to make it go away.

I would hire with Gus Malzahn or hire Hugh Freeze. It’s time after (4) mis-fires I would. If not It be Kevin Steele

It will probably be someone that has never been mentioned, if I had to guess.
I agree. White hinted @ this in his introductory press conference for those paying attention. When ask about a "list", he as much as said he doesn't do list. Said, if you want to hire someone from a list, why am I here? Just call, and see who wants the job from said list. He will use "his process" and hire who he believes can lead Tn to reach it's full potential eventually. Of course, a portion of our ignorant fan base still believes Tn is a top 5 or top 10 job, and we should be playing for divisional, conference and the National championship within the next two years. In reality, our case may not even go b4 the ncaa for 2 years, due to staff reductions because of covid. LOTS of people need a BIG dose of reality, see the program for what / where it is, and accept the fact no matter who we can get, it's going to be a long,, challenging road. They will need all the support they can get, and deserve to have it moving forward, thanks to the God awful mess Pruitt and Fulmer have created.

It will probably be someone that has never been mentioned, if I had to guess.

I agree with you. All the rest is smoke screens, and he already has his man, just working out the details and it is someone not even mentioned, or hardly mentioned at all.

VN Store

Back