Percent of VN football fans who went to UT?

Did you...

• Attend UTK without graduating?

Votes: 62 10.1%
  • Attend and graduate from UTK?

Votes: 248 40.3%
  • Attend without graduating from a non-Knoxville (including online) UT campus?

Votes: 7 1.1%
  • Attend and graduate from a non-Knoxville (including online) campus?

Votes: 41 6.7%
  • Adopt the Vols because you do or have lived in the state of Tennessee (but didn't attend UT)?

Votes: 219 35.6%
  • Adopt the Vols even though you have never lived in the state of Tennessee (and never attended UT)?

Votes: 39 6.3%

• Total voters
Just wondering if Big Orange football fandom correlates with attendance/graduation from UT? For me it does...undergrad class of 1992. What about everyone else on this board? Should be interesting to see!

Became a UT fan when Heath Shuler became a Vol. We come from the same town and church. Our families were friends. My dad coached him in Little League baseball.

We moved all over the country so UT football was sort of an "anchor" to home.

Became a UT fan when Heath Shuler became a Vol. We come from the same town and church. Our families were friends. My dad coached him in Little League baseball.

Love Bryson City!

Reactions: sjt18

Same story for me. I’m from a Milan and later lived in Murfreesboro and my whole family lives in TN, but I haven’t lived there for 35 years. I was accepted and fully intended to go to UT… then came a last second offer to go play small college golf.

Didn't answer because none of the responses seem right to me.

I didn't "adopt the Vols"...I was born into Vol Nation. I've never been anything other than a Vol fan. Even though I went to school somewhere else. My school (West Point) even played the Vols while I was there; I rooted for Tennessee. Yep. And, heh, we won.

For many Tennesseans it has nothing to do with where you went to school. It's as tribal as Tullahoma versus Manchester or the Hatfields and McCoys.

Tennesseans should be Tennessee fans. Period.

Go Vols!

Last edited:

VN Store

Back