Sounds like Hooker is Coming Back

I hope he does come back.

Not even honorable mention all SEC is a freakin joke.

Hooker is tied for 3rd in the nation in rating. He is tied for 15th in passing TD’s (4th in the SEC) and he has the least interceptions of anyone in the top 20.

He also has close to 600 yards rushing and 5 rushing td’s……..yet he isn’t good enough for 4th in the SEC……..what a JOKE.
It’s just the system

If we push Hooker for Heisman, it'll be the first time in history, but a punter from the Big 10 will win it with ESPN promoting the crap out of him.
You mean ESPN would promote an obscure position player over a quarterback who threw for more yards than the previous years heismen winner merely for attention and ratings? Say it isn’t so?

As soon as I can lay a bet down on 2022 Heisman, I've got $1,000 on Hooker.

If he continues to improve then that is a legit possibility.

I hate the Heisman award for a variety of reasons. That being said I would loooove to see him or any player here in NYC for the selection. This award has become fixated on only players of highly ranked teams. If it means we're in THAT mix, then I'm rooting for him.

Announcer 1: Damn good at spinning the ball…look how he gets those laces turned for that kicker.

Announcer 2: Incredible….just incredible

Announcer 1 and 2 both sound like Herbstreit pretending not to be biased while gushing over OSU.

I hate the Heisman award for a variety of reasons. That being said I would loooove to see him or any player here in NYC for the selection. This award has become fixated on only players of highly ranked teams. If it means we're in THAT mix, then I'm rooting for him.
Honestly, i think they might as well get rid of the Davey OBrien award and just use the Heisman as a best QB award since it mostly goes to a QB. 17 QBs have won it since 2000 and not always the best player. Troy Smith comes to mind. His stats the year he won it are identical to Hookers this year. Yet, because of who he played for and his loaded team in a way overmatched conference, he got the nod when I'm sure there were much better players that year. Its just a popularity contest, IMO.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
I hope he does come back.

Not even honorable mention all SEC is a freakin joke.

Hooker is tied for 3rd in the nation in rating. He is tied for 15th in passing TD’s (4th in the SEC) and he has the least interceptions of anyone in the top 20.

He also has close to 600 yards rushing and 5 rushing td’s……..yet he isn’t good enough for 4th in the SEC……..what a JOKE.

Will Rogers and Bryce Young both had phenomenal years and should be recognized as All-SEC.

Matt Corral also demonstrably had a better year than Hooker.

Hooker's stats are verrrrrrry close to KJ Jefferson at Arkansas. Jefferson has 4 more completions on 14 more attempts, they both have about the same number of yards and YPA. Hooker has 3 more TDs, they both have 3 INTs on the year. They both have about the same number of rushing yards and TDs on the ground.

Hooker had a good year but not All-SEC and leave for the NFL Draft kinda year.

You mean ESPN would promote an obscure position player over a quarterback who threw for more yards than the previous years heismen winner merely for attention and ratings? Say it isn’t so?

Woodson did have an excellent season ... for a CB. 7 INTs, 246 yards and 3 TDs from scrimmage, 1 ST TD. And the ST TD was the "Heisman moment" that helped Michigan beat OSU which was then and still is the most storied rivalry... especially since UT/Bama have rarely clashed while both at the peak of their success.

Do I think that the national media collaborated to push Woodson to #1 in voting to spite Tennessee? I do, especially given Fowler's comments.

Do I think Woodson deserved it over Manning? Not really.

Did Woodson have an outstanding year not only at CB but an all-around player? Yes.

Was Woodson a major reason his team was undefeated? Yes.

Michigan also had a significantly better 1997 than we did. They beat (at the time) #8 Colorado, 15 Iowa, 15 Mich State, 2 Penn State, 23 Wisconsin, 4 Ohio State. Woodson definitely played a key role in those wins. We lost to #1 Florida (by 13), beat 15 Georgia, 25 Southern Miss and 11 Auburn.

So overall was it just a bad year to go up against a media darling? Yes.

And both guys went on to be HOF players. Woodson is FAR from an "obscure position player".

We are also comparing Hooker's numbers who didn't start in the first games to those QBs that have started every game.

Reactions: Sowbug2000

VN Store

Back