Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
daddys-home2-daddys-home2gifs.gif

If Shuler and Jackson ever see the field we are screwed.
Shrout had the arm to make every throw in this offense. He showed against Florida last year he wasn't terrible by any means. Bailey didn't have the arm but could've ran it well enough to go bowling
Shrout was terrible

Yes what you mentioned is why I hate how things are going. Year 1 nobody expected bowling, it would've been fine if we didn't get there. Use your young guys now and figure out what you have, then year 3 or 4 look to the portal and start finding the pieces. Heupel has put himself in a tough spot whether he knows it or not. You have people going in to year 2 expecting 10 wins already. If Florida comes in to Knoxville and wins or TN only wins 7 or 8 games next year everything I'm saying at the moment will look like child's play with how fast some will turn on him.

I'll finish with this, look at the running back roster. Wright and Small should eat next year, then you have Sampson and Williams behind them then whoever in the class after. If they leave running back alone it will be the best position on the roster because guys were allowed to grow.
Yeah, taking Tiyon destroyed our depth.

It helps them more than it helps us. Building through recruiting 4 year guys is the way to go. It helps champ contenders more because they can find that missing piece. Other teams need pieces.

This season shows the issue with building through transfers. Now we lost 2 maybe 3 although I think Tilman comes back, both of which are transfers. They took playing time from our younger guys in Hyatt, Coby, Keyton, Callaway etc..... Now unless we get more portal receiver through begging we only have 1 experienced reciever going into next year. Transfer created a huge hole in the receiver spot. It also killed our tackle spot because it limited reps the guys behind Cade got which slows down their overall development.

Truly next level stupid. Wow

It helps them more than it helps us. Building through recruiting 4 year guys is the way to go. It helps champ contenders more because they can find that missing piece. Other teams need pieces.

This season shows the issue with building through transfers. Now we lost 2 maybe 3 although I think Tilman comes back, both of which are transfers. They took playing time from our younger guys in Hyatt, Coby, Keyton, Callaway etc..... Now unless we get more portal receiver through begging we only have 1 experienced reciever going into next year. Transfer created a huge hole in the receiver spot. It also killed our tackle spot because it limited reps the guys behind Cade got which slows down their overall development.
Taking transfers doesn't hurt your depth if you keep taking transfers, which they obviously will do. Your post is odd. You're saying you can't build a program around transfers because people like Javonta Payton are one and done. But Javonta Payton literally didn't get here until the Summer. Don't you think it makes more sense to go down the roster and lament about lack of depth in... You know... 8 more months? The fact that a one and done guy can show up, fit in, and contribute in one year proves that you absolutely Can build around transfers, not the opposite.

You have people going in to year 2 expecting 10 wins already. If Florida comes in to Knoxville and wins or TN only wins 7 or 8 games next year everything I'm saying at the moment will look like child's play with how fast some will turn on him
All schools have fair weather fans and at the end of the day, they'll either adjust or whine some more to only those that will listen. We are in the beginning stages of a whole new era of Big Orange Football, something we've not seen around these parts in many years. The product on the field is a joy to watch and most importantly IMHO, the culture this staff is building is second to none.

Building through recruiting 4 year guys is the way to go.

Heupel [has] never rebuilt a roster before.

[Heupel should not have take any transfers for 2021 or 2022.] Use your young guys now and figure out what you have, then year 3 or 4 look to the portal and start finding the pieces.

This season shows the issue with building through transfers.

[Velus and Payton] took playing time from Hyatt, Coby, Keyton, Callaway etc.

Shrout had the arm to make every throw in this offense....Bailey didn't have the arm but could've ran [sic] it well enough to go bowling

who knows if [Shrout and Bailey] transfer is Hooker isn’t here

Hooker….never really made any throws last year.

[Bringing in Cade] also killed our tackle spot

At RT we could've started Crawfords development or focused more on Davis.

Other teams need pieces.

[A transfer] helps [Alabama] more than it helps us....because they can find that missing piece.

id say [To'o To'o] made a significant impact.

While TN has to hope Hooker comes back and improves while killing their own QB depth

Hooker may look good now, but hows that depth chart look when youre choosing between Jackson, Nicholas(assuming we get him), and Shuler?

Hooker….never really made any throws last year.

I hate how things are going. Year 1 nobody expected bowling, it would've been fine if we didn't get there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back