'18 GA RB Lyn-J Dixon (Tennessee transfer)

Dixon is a nice-sized back that checks in a hair under 6-foot and around 200 pounds, depending on when he ate last. He's a freak athlete, someone who competed for state titles in the 100-meter dash in Georgia, while also being a contender in the long jump. His personal bets in the 100-meter dash is 11.02 seconds, while he leaped 22'2" in the long jump as a senior.
Not bad.

Compare to Tiyon Evans:
Ran a personal best of 11.06 in the 100 meters in high school.

And Eric Gray
100 meter: 11.25

Last edited:
I wonder why he didn’t land here the last time? There a chance we backed off? No way he would choose to go to wvu over UT, right?
He could have been promised the starting position there. Remember when teams used to do that then go all Sergeant Carter when they got to campus? The old “tear them down to build them up” philosophy.

If you Google "Lyn-J Dixon speed" about 20 articles come up with his high school coaches, Clemson coaches, WVU coaches, and scouts all circling his speed.
Yeah...coaches never hype up their players. If I had a nickel for every time a coach called their skill position player virtual snails? Let's just say I wouldn't have to tailor my 1040 very much. :cool:

Reactions: titansvolsfaninga
Watching his Clemson highlights he would be the most talented RB on Our Roster. Has NFL Skills. I don't know about his personality and fit with Clemson but if he comes here and is a team player he can be the difference in a W or L this year. LB Safety has to keep an eye on Him as well as our WR in our scheme In CHRIST Alone

If you Google "Lyn-J Dixon speed" about 20 articles come up with his high school coaches, Clemson coaches, WVU coaches, and scouts all circling his speed.
Lol people can literally just watch his Clemson film and you can clearly see is is very fast and very much has breakaway speed.

I don't agree with most talented. I think small and justin are more talented, but he does have more experience.
This kid can push Small right away for the starter position. I don’t think he will take it from him but he’s good. This is a much better take than anyone else we’ve talked to and makes us that much better at RB when he learns the offense.

Attitude issues who knows. I know the Clemson situation was really screwed up though. No idea what happened at WV. Don’t care this year with numbers being what they are I would try him and if there’s issues boot him.

This kid can push Small right away for the starter position. I don’t think he will take it from him but he’s good. This is a much better take than anyone else we’ve talked to and makes us that much better at RB when he learns the offense.

Attitude issues who knows. I know the Clemson situation was really screwed up though. No idea what happened at WV. Don’t care this year with numbers being what they are I would try him and if there’s issues boot him.
probly start the game after the Florida loss and run for 250yds 👀
1659302270271.jpeg

Reactions: memtownvol
6.6 YPC is really all I needed. Don't need as much speed when you can change direction like that.
Kamara was/is a 4.5 - 4.6 guy and to your point doesn’t decelerate when making moves and gets to full speed in a hurry. THAT isn’t a criticism for this kid and I used to get annoyed when our usual suspects would point out Kamara getting caught from behind at the END of his long runs. Someone spitting out the groan-inducing “just facts” concerning his SPEED was a red flag and I was feeling bullish.

Reactions: SugarCC and SSVol
What about all the times in his film where he breaks away from defenders, they can't catch him and he scores long touchdowns?
Not seeing the same thing. Maybe I need to find other highlights. He gets downfield in a hurry…I don’t know about breaking away.

VN Store

Back