Arian Foster Gets Emotional Talking About His Return To UT

Sounds like he had to learn the growing pains not to mention you get your arse sit down for fumbling. We got one right now taking a backseat and less touches because he’s fumbling the rock ! You have to take the teaching learn from your mistakes and take WHATS EARNED not what you think is your gods given talent.

Imagine. You gave up being a 2nd/3rd round pick and instant millionaire for your poor family to come back to try and win a title (with the head coach giving you advice to come back). Then you went 5-7 because your head coach cared about running his own offense and maintaining as much power as possible so the new OC doesn’t get too much credit. You get injured, you don’t break the school record, you lose your starting spot to a less talented player. Then you go undrafted and lose millions of dollars, having to play for league minimum for 3-4 years. And also half the fan base gives you **** because even though you actually were pretty good at protecting the ball, you fumbled at a few inopportune times, a couple which weren’t even your fault.

Yeah, you’d be bitter too.
Sounds like a country song...

Reactions: swampfoxfan
Imagine. You gave up being a 2nd/3rd round pick and instant millionaire for your poor family to come back to try and win a title (with the head coach giving you advice to come back). Then you went 5-7 because your head coach cared about running his own offense and maintaining as much power as possible so the new OC doesn’t get too much credit. You get injured, you don’t break the school record, you lose your starting spot to a less talented player. Then you go undrafted and lose millions of dollars, having to play for league minimum for 3-4 years. And also half the fan base gives you **** because even though you actually were pretty good at protecting the ball, you fumbled at a few inopportune times, a couple which weren’t even your fault.

Nice

That dude crapped on our program after leaving. I remember watching MNF and he listed his high school as his team instead of the Vols. Now I am not one to hold grudges but it takes more than that video to convince me he has changed.

Naw…you’re not one to hold grudges….

I say good for him. If we were all held strictly accountable for things we said and did in our 20s, I suspect we’d all be in some trouble. I know I would. Thankfully, most of us grow and mature.

I always liked Foster as a player, except his butterfingers which occurred at the worst possible times. He was a great back otherwise.

It’s always beautiful to see someone heal like this.

It’s always inspiring to see that the love we show each other is what matters and changes hearts.

It’s always gratifying to see that the haters gonna hate, but that hate don’t amount to squat.

If I ever see one of you idiots with a #27 PTERODACTYL jersey, I’m going to hug you.

Don’t make it weird, just go with it.

I’m glad he’s found peace with the university. I enjoyed watching him carry the ball here and marveled at his instinctive ability to make defenders miss. Fumbles happen so that wasn’t a big deal to me. But, he’s going to have to qualify how the university “effed him over” rather than “guide him” during his time here, before I consider this anything more than a nice speech.

Reactions: DonDiego
The coolest thing I always thought is when Arians mom would visit this site while he played ball here. It was pretty cool and she was nice and respectful. Thanks.
She was nice until you had any criticism of him. Then Mama Bear showed up.

Glad to see AF come back around the program.

I’m glad he’s found peace with the university. I enjoyed watching him carry the ball here and marveled at his instinctive ability to make defenders miss. Fumbles happen so that wasn’t a big deal to me. But, he’s going to have to qualify how the university “effed him over” rather than “guide him” during his time here, before I consider this anything more than a nice speech.

This might be the information you’re looking for, plus the tacos story.

Reactions: zjcvols
Wasn't the fumble at Florida due to Ainge being in a cast and trying to hand the ball off backwards? I seem to remember something along those lines.

That dude crapped on our program after leaving. I remember watching MNF and he listed his high school as his team instead of the Vols. Now I am not one to hold grudges but it takes more than that video to convince me he has changed.

So, you'd rather doubt than believe he had to have the greatest teacher there ever was, knock some sense in his head. Her name is Ms. Experience, her lessons sometimes go beyond the allotted class time, but she's a darn good teacher. Some of her students are slower to learn than others. But it's a joy when they finally get it. But some folks, you know, would rather hang on to their negativism, and make that student never forget that at one time he was uneducated or outright stupid, never, ever forget that. I've had teachers and school personnel like that who seemed to believe their life's mission is to put, and keep, a foot on the students' necks. An attitude of, "You may have learned something, but you're still stupid."

Last edited:
Reactions: Stephen Gray
The coolest thing I always thought is when Arians mom would visit this site while he played ball here. It was pretty cool and she was nice and respectful. Thanks.
She frequented the old "Gridscape" site as well. Bernadette was cool.

We need a downvote on this board. But congratulation on your memory.

I think a lot of it was just how immature or disrespectful he was to some people.

He is grown now. Can reflect more. I’m glad I wasn’t scrutinized at 18-22 at a National program. I would have failed miserably. I did stupid things, said stupid things and treated people stupidly.
So true....looking back at my own life, immaturity and an inflated view of my own opinions really ran my college years....so glad life and the years makes us wiser.

Wasn't the fumble at Florida due to Ainge being in a cast and trying to hand the ball off backwards? I seem to remember something along those lines.
Yes backwards. He had a right hand finger injury and the coaches had him using his left arm to hand the ball off to his left. So his hand was between Foster and the ball. Easy for Ainge's hand/ball to hit Foster's stomach and the ball is knocked loose.

Honestly it was a stupid decision by the coaches to do that. Not the fault of either player.

18:10 is an explanation and slow motion of the handoff.

Last edited:
Great seeing the relationship between the Vols and Arian Foster restored. He was one of my favorite players growing up. One of the best running backs in the NFL over the last 20 years. I think it's easy to understand why both sides were unhappy with each other, but enough time has passed and there was too much good that happened for there to be bad blood.

VN Store

Back