Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Salinas was a top 20 braves prospect who had an insane SO ratio

Murphy is one of the best defensive catchers in the league no doubt. But he’s 4 years older than Contreras and has a worse bat. Catcher wasn’t a position of need. Swap out William for TDA and I’d like the trade
Murphy’s 28. Long way from Social Security. This makes current pitchers that much better. Don’t know who Salinas is.

Please don't take this the wrong way because I may not say it the right way.

You guys are fortunate to have a dad to miss. My parents divorced while I was too young to know my dad. I spent a couple summers with him when I was young. That's it. He has passed now and I didn't know him well enough to miss him.

I feel you. My parents met in a mental hospital and both were paranoid schizophrenic. My dad was pretty bad off and they divorced when I was young. I never had much of a relationship with him because he was so insane. He passed away in 2014 but it didn't really impact me that much. It would have been great to have a dad or regular parents but I really appreciate my grandparents. My grandfather passing away when I was 19 was like losing a father. Ironically, my grandfather was a psychiatrist at UT and was very respected in the community.

I've really tried to be more vulnerable and open to my own son as I've gotten older. I feel like that mask that dad's often wear of being the "rock" is too much burden to bear, not just for me but for my son as well who may one day be a father himself. I want him to know dad messes up, that I make mistakes, that I get upset and emotional too. I'm quick to apologize to him when I raise my voice or when I ignore his feelings. I still punish him when he deserves it, but we often have heart to heart conversations about "why" and we both open up. It's been one of the best things I've done as a father.

I hope when he's older he remembers and appreciates that he got to see his dad was with fault, but the effort to better was always present.
With you MoCo. Honesty is always a two way street. I have never lied to the boys. I have had to share some things I am not so proud of. My only requirement is that they do the same with me. That trust has given us a very close bond. I feel it's a big reason they have turned out well to this point. Our family is truthful no matter how much it is embarrasing or hurts.

Not on the topic of losing parents. Losing my mom would be heartbreaking. I don't have all that great of a relationship with my dad. He is in my life but I don't go to him when I need fatherly advice and he is not the first person I want to call when I get news about something. He is more like a distant high school buddy that I chat with every now and then to catch up with. I have several good men in my life that fill that fatherly role that would leave a bigger hole in my heart and life than my biological dad. I try my hardest every day to make sure that my girls never have to say the same about me. We cannot be perfect, but I have always strived to try and make sure that my kids know that I love them and I am always on their side and I am always available for them no matter how bad they mess up or how far away from me they find themselves. I hope that many years from now, when I meet God, I can go confidently into my eternity knowing that I did my best earthly impression of my Heavenly Father that I possibly could.
+ you're funny as hell.

So is it his wife or some other woman? Why does it just say, "the woman" instead of who the person is??

Regardless, it's clearly a toxic relationship. And it might very well go both ways. Beard says he can prove he wasn't the aggressor. So did she assault him first? Is she abusive too? Are they both abusive to each other? Did she call the police as a means of exerting control over his life and hurt him or was she legitimately scared? Did a daughter call police? Lots of questions.

It sounds like this wasnt the first time, they have a toxic relationship, and they abuse each other.

Calm your soul brother. Calm your soul.

10-2 with a bunch of supposed nobody's and after thoughts. Fun football awaits us.
I gotcha man, but we’re losing

Wright
Tillman
Hyatt
Banks
Bumphus
Flowers
Fant
likely Warren
Carvin
Hooker

Thats a lot of gaps to fill not to mention the major help at DB we need

Forgot about French. Did Bryson Eason get any PT this year?
Yes, Coach RG called him one of the most talented d-lineman he's coached. High praise, probably still getting use to playing on the line and weighing 300lbs. Would not be surprised if he a Tyree West explode next season.

So is it his wife or some other woman? Why does it just say, "the woman" instead of who the person is??

Regardless, it's clearly a toxic relationship. And it might very well go both ways. Beard says he can prove he wasn't the aggressor. So did she assault him first? Is she abusive too? Are they both abusive to each other? Did she call the police as a means of exerting control over his life and hurt him or was she legitimately scared? Did a daughter call police? Lots of questions.

It sounds like this wasnt the first time, they have a toxic relationship, and they abuse each other.
It was his fiance.

Wright
Tillman
Hyatt
Banks
Bumphus
Flowers
Fant
likely Warren
Carvin
Hooker

There will be a lot more players going into the portal after bowl games. Plus during/after spring. Trust the process.

Wright
Tillman
Hyatt
Banks
Bumphus
Flowers
Fant
likely Warren
Carvin
Hooker

Look what Heupel’s done so far after 30+ hit the portal when he arrived. He’s the gap filling master. Zero worries.

I've really tried to be more vulnerable and open to my own son as I've gotten older. I feel like that mask that dad's often wear of being the "rock" is too much burden to bear, not just for me but for my son as well who may one day be a father himself. I want him to know dad messes up, that I make mistakes, that I get upset and emotional too. I'm quick to apologize to him when I raise my voice or when I ignore his feelings. I still punish him when he deserves it, but we often have heart to heart conversations about "why" and we both open up. It's been one of the best things I've done as a father.

I hope when he's older he remembers and appreciates that he got to see his dad was with fault, but the effort to better was always present.

This is perfect!

I lost my dad when I was 6, almost 7. I remember him some but not much. Sooooo wish I'd gotten to know him better but is what it is.

What you said is how I try to be with my 3 boys. Is definitely a struggle at times but all I can do is the best I can do!

Wright
Tillman
Hyatt
Banks
Bumphus
Flowers
Fant
likely Warren
Carvin
Hooker

With more nobodies, has beens and never knows if necessary. Tennessee football is fun again. The rest will come when it comes.

I love you man, just enjoy the ride for a minute.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back