Hooker/Stroud/Levis/Young - Who will be the best pro?

Essentially every site and pundit seems to have these four as the top QB’s to be taken in the 2023 Draft, with Jefferson from Arky and Jaren Hall from BYU getting some love as well.

Love the arm on Stroud. Not sold on Young in the league because of size. Hooker seems to play perfect football at times. And Levis is entirely inconsistent, albeit playing behind a bad O line.

There’s no obvious pick to me. Hooker and Stroud play in offenses at this level that leave so many questions for scouts. The conscientious from the Kiper, McShay types seem to be that Levis is the guy because of the scheme he plays in, size, arm, toughness and constant comparisons to Josh Allen. He could seriously be the #1 pick when it is all said and done, which will make no sense to many of us.

There’s plenty of football left to be played this season. But for my money, I’d never bet against Hooker considering his history, maturity, the clutch gene, and his intestinal fortitude. Not to mention the fact that he is just simply a winner. I am certainly no GM, owner, or scout, but if I’m drafting a QB, he is my guy.

GBO!

Might as well throw a dart blindfolded. If I've learned anything it's that nobody really knows who will and won't work out in the NFL. Seems like the best QBs every year are the ones nobody expected to be great.

Levis can't process the field.

I think Stroud might have the best chance because of his arm.

Young may be another Tua, just slightly better maybe.

I think Hooker has maybe a Ryan Tannehill ceiling, when Ryan was balling.

Hooker makes the right decision almost every time and that's what really separates him from the rest. He just doesn't have the ability most of the guys in the NFL playoffs have. But could he go in and do some stuff that Brock Purdy is doing? Heck yes.

Disagree on Young. Tua isn't nearly the player that Young is, never was. Young has that innate ability to move in the pocket and make the right throw, playing bigger than his size, much like a Drew Brees. I'd be very surprised if he isn't by far the best of this QB group.

I would say Young first. He is the real deal and puts in the work. Hooker I think also will do well, again because he puts in the work. Levis has the skills but didn’t seem to really do the work and I don’t know really about Stroud. Young though under pressure made play after play. Levis and Stroud under pressure did not.

He will get drafted and we will have to see how it all plays out. I guess he might get to hang around as much as Dobbs does. Maybe even get an opportunity to play in a real game. We'll see.

Dobbs hung around because he's a big kid, a terrific athlete, and a great locker room guy. But even he is still just a QB room body in the NFL.

Bennett might get drafted, but it will be a wasted pick. If he even makes it out of a camp it will be on a practice squad. There's not going to be any mystery how it will all play out.

Bryce Young. Best I have seen at no matter what happens behind line of scrimmage keeping his eyes down field. CJ Stroud actually may be ok but I wouldnt take that gamble. A GM that draft Levis in top 10 is one who wants to get that severance package. If you are willing to draft Levis that high i sincerely think he sucks so bad why not wait till 2nd round and take Anthony Richardson. Another big qb with all the tools and can make plays with feet and you get a qb who loves to throw to the other team just like Levis but much cheaper and can use that 1st round pick on a difference maker on the roster that you feel has little shot to be a bust.

Agree 100%. Picking Levis anywhere near the top 10 will wreck some GM's career. Young is the only one in this group with the game to be a star if he lands in the right spot.

Hooker has a chance to be good, but it will be very dependent on landing somewhere with the right OC and QB coach.

Reactions: DeepSpringsVol
Disagree on Young. Tua isn't nearly the player that Young is, never was. Young has that innate ability to move in the pocket and make the right throw, playing bigger than his size, much like a Drew Brees. I'd be very surprised if he isn't by far the best of this QB group.
Young's size and arm hurts him.

Stroud can make all the throws. No one else came close to doing to UGA what he did. Being able to make all the throws is the most important part about being an NFL QB. Stroud and Young are close, but I think it will be easier for CJ at the next level.

Young's size and arm hurts him.

Stroud can make all the throws. No one else came close to doing to UGA what he did. Being able to make all the throws is the most important part about being an NFL QB. Stroud and Young are close, but I think it will be easier for CJ at the next level.

You might be right, but I'll take Young's savvy and ability to use his mobility while keeping his eyes downfield and making the correct read. He has a lot of Drew Brees about him - not saying he will be that good, but I can't imagine him failing unless he gets into an awful situation.

Young
Hooker
Shroud
Levis

Young doesn't have the arm everyone else has but he makes great decisions quickly, as does Hooker. Shroud and Levis can make all throws but their decisions are suspect under pressure AND especially when their receiver talent doesn't match there own!!!

Dobbs hung around because he's a big kid, a terrific athlete, and a great locker room guy. But even he is still just a QB room body in the NFL.

Bennett might get drafted, but it will be a wasted pick. If he even makes it out of a camp it will be on a practice squad. There's not going to be any mystery how it will all play out.

Possibly. Even Tom Brady was technically a wasted pick.
Six QBs were drafted before Tom Brady in the 2000 NFL draft: • Chad Pennington • Giovanni Carmazzi • Chris Redman • Tee Martin • Marc Bulger • Spergon Wynn. Then ole Tom went. Number 198 pick.
So sometimes there is a Diamond hidden in the rough.

Last edited:
Reactions: Winchester73
Possibly. Even Tom Brady was technically a wasted pick.
Six QBs were drafted before Tom Brady in the 2000 NFL draft: • Chad Pennington • Giovanni Carmazzi • Chris Redman • Tee Martin • Marc Bulger • Spergon Wynn. Then ole Tom went. Number 198 pick.
So sometimes there isn’t s a Diamond in the rough.

You completely missed the point. Bennett is a wasted pick the moment it is made. He has zero shot of being more than a practice squad player who might latch on as a QB body occasionally in case of injury. Less than zero, actually.

The idea of even bringing up Tom Brady in relation to Bennett is laughably ridiculous. You can't possibly be that much of a Georgia homer that you seriously believe he has a prayer of sticking on an NFL roster as anything but a body. Or else you just don't watch anything but Georgia football, and believe the world revolves around it. Which appears to be the case.

Reactions: ButchPlz
In order:
Young - has all the tangibles and intangibles except size

Stroud - he also seems to place the ball right where it should be. He's a competitor. I haven't watched him enough to know how well he goes through progressions

Hooker - has ideal size. Makes the correct reads. Throws a nice pass. Scares me the way he runs. I think it led to his injury besides a bad field.

Levis - has all the tangibles but it'sthe intangibles that worry me. Never trust a player that's turnover prone.

Agree 100%. Picking Levis anywhere near the top 10 will wreck some GM's career. Young is the only one in this group with the game to be a star if he lands in the right spot.

Hooker has a chance to be good, but it will be very dependent on landing somewhere with the right OC and QB coach.
I didnt mention Hooker as I doubt he gets a shot to start anywhere. May not be a bad thing. A sokid backup can make a lot of cash and take hardly any hits.

You completely missed the point. Bennett is a wasted pick the moment it is made. He has zero shot of being more than a practice squad player who might latch on as a QB body occasionally in case of injury. Less than zero, actually.

The idea of even bringing up Tom Brady in relation to Bennett is laughably ridiculous. You can't possibly be that much of a Georgia homer that you seriously believe he has a prayer of sticking on an NFL roster as anything but a body. Or else you just don't watch anything but Georgia football, and believe the world revolves around it. Which appears to be the case.

Hater's gonna hate, I reckon. I'm sure you said the same thing about Brock Purdy as well.... Mr. Irrelevent. He's already accomplished more in 1/3rd of a season than Dobbs who's bigger, stronger, faster, smarter.....and 50 other qbs that were drafted and did nothing worth noting. Dont' be mad at me.....you all should petition the Manning's on this, not me! LOL Don't hate the playa hate the game...

Young. Beyond his physical skills, his leadership ability is incredible. He never seems flustered, the moment never seems too big, he makes plays. To me, he should be the top pick and it’s not close.

I think Bryce Young is the most polished out of all those guys. Levis makes too many bad decisions.

I’m not sure who of these four guys will end up being the best player in the NFL (obviously would love for it to be Hooker) but I think Levis will be the first QB drafted, as much as I know a lot of people here hate to hear that. Several mock drafts have him either going second to the Texans or fourth to the Colts. Some analysts even think that some teams may try to trade up with the Bears for the first overall pick to get him. I was just reading a scouting report on him this morning that was saying he has the most upside of any QB in the draft since Trevor Lawrence and Joe Burrow. The report also compared him to Josh Allen several times. My buddy who is a big Cowboys fan desperately wants them to do whatever it takes to try to trade up for Levis as a replacement for Dak.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back