Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Handguns and rifles and shotguns for hunting are different. Those 18 and over in TN can possess the latter for hunting. No one is really going to say much either if you let your son use a handgun on private property.

The legal definition of possession can take some discussion. Just read the federal jury charge on "constructive possession." You can legally possess a weapon without it being in your hands or on you.

K - probably showing my age but I can remember kids in high school with their hunting rifles in their gun rack mounted on the back window of their truck, parked in the high school parking lot during deer, etc season. They’d go hunting before and after school.

Huh makes it sound like coaching makes a difference...
My grad school advisor published a paper which purported to demonstrate that coaching changes make no difference in team performance, which is potentially true on average in that enough hires are Derek Dooley or Butch Jones that it all sort of washes out. But he attempted to extrapolate this to argue that schools spending big money on coaches are all doing so in vain, which I think is plainly wrong and I've always wanted to write a rebuttal. So, you know, if you're ever looking for a coauthor.

In this case you know he's been drinking. Knowledge.

(btw I am genuinely curious about the legality of that, just out of curiosity...you hear about people being put into that position all the time, unfortunately I've seen it a few times and that person always ends up PISSED, but extremely grateful the next day. I'd guess there is some culpability...I believe (iirc) in some states even being a rider with a drunk driver can be illegal).

At the end of the day, it isn't apples to apples. It is all about knowledge of intent (especially from what I was told of Bammer law)

A buddy who’s at a club drinking tells you he needs a gun at 1 am. What do you think is about to happen? A pillow fight?

I think it was Buddy’s BBQ that had Knoxville Grass play there when I was at UT...we’d arrive around lunchish and just stay (only way to get seats for when they played)! Lot’s of beer was consumed while we waited and more when they played!
I was there almost every weekend. Knoxville Grass, Boot Hill and I even saw the Country Gentlemen there with a kid named Jerry Douglas playing Dobro while still in high school. Good times. Wish I could go back and do it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back