Kentucky might be tough.

I wasn’t specifically talking about you.
Just a general comment of the moaning that was even going on last year also.

Had the #1 offense in the country and moaners on here posting how we should “fix” it or improve it, pointing out time of possession or other dumb stuff
I never said the time of possession cost us in the game Saturday with SC. I said it hurt us in the Florida game and it did. Against SC we didn't use the fast pace offense as much and they looked better over all on offense.

They can run the football on UF. Something we couldn't do. UF's offense was already trash..
We could of it we would have stayed with it, we had success running it but all they wanted to do is throw. We have done that all year up till SC and we even at times did it then.

Until this Tennessee team wins a loud road game...

That's not a criticism. It's just a necessary right-of-passage, a required confidence-builder, in the maturing process of this particular team.

So you are saying if we beat Texas A&M in two weeks, that will not count? Let's just cancel that game then.

KY has not won a loud road game. Missouri has not won a loud road game. ... So ..

So you are saying if we beat Texas A&M in two weeks, that will not count? Let's just cancel that game then.

KY has not won a loud road game. Missouri has not won a loud road game. ... So ..
You're making my point. Our program does not consider itself to be a Kentucky- or Missouri-level SEC team, nor do our players believe that they are. But until they win a loud road game and prove that to themselves, the best they can be is determined to win anywhere, which is not the same as confident they can win anywhere.

This team is not yet at the level of maturity and execution that last year's team was at this time. No shame in that. This team is younger, and a lot of last season's talent went on the the NFL. But we've seen them improve each game since Florida.

I only wish they were playing at Lexington before they go to Tuscaloosa.

You're making my point. Our program does not consider itself to be a Kentucky- or Missouri-level SEC team, nor do our players believe that they are. But until they win a loud road game and prove that to themselves, the best they can be is determined to win anywhere, which is not the same as confident they can win anywhere.

This team is not yet at the level of maturity and execution that last year's team was at this time. No shame in that. This team is younger, and a lot of last season's talent went on the the NFL. But we've seen them improve each game since Florida.

No I am not - you are saying that the win over SC doesn't count and that a win over Texas A&M will not count and the win last year over Alabama doesn't count (... it was at home ..). UGA just got their first SEC win on the road this week - they have only 2 games that will qualify as loud road games, last week at Auburn and at home against us. They have 5 of their SEC games at home.

Some folks just look for anything to bring this team down.

Reactions: ScornedPapaVol

Kentucky is a JV SEC stadium. Not that loud. I’ve been several times now including the 2 most recent games. We weren’t affected by their crowd at all in any of the games.

VN Store

Back