Game Plan vs A&M

Indianavfl

Come out in 5 wide with a RB spread as WR. Throw screens as your running game. A few QB draws by Milton. Some jet sweeps to Squirrel. Then air it out to Keyton or Webb. Get equal touches for Wright and Sampson.

On defense, stop running game. Make Max Johnson beat you with his arm. Force field goals.

What you got?

We have to run the ball some early and be able to continue to mix the run and passing game up. You cannot abandoned the running game. They may have talent up front but you don’t concede anything. We also have to work the short and long passing game. We have running backs that can also get involved in the passing game. We have to stretch em but we have to run at them some too. Milton has too take runs when they are there. We are better up front than some think, especially with Mays back. On D we have to stop the run and go after the quarterback. We must contain Smith and make Johnson uncomfortable in the passing game. GBO!

Reactions: Volwonder1
I feel the key is to limit the number of sacks and penalties. That puts you behind the chains, then you have to pass and that makes you one dimensional.

To me this will be about fundamental football, limit the mistakes, and the penalties and stay ahead of the chains.

If we can keep our tempo up, that will help our running game. Just be efficient, mixing runs between tackles and on perimeter. Use quick hitters in passing game and move those sticks. We put together some consecutive first downs, when they are reeling, then they will be vulnerable to an explosive throw.

Defensively, shut their rushing game down and I think we can get to Johnson. They have young offensive tackles.

Special teams, don’t kick or punt to to them. Would rather it go out of bounds. Ainias Smith is excellent with ball in his hands. I’m not sure our DBs can tackle him.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Come out in 5 wide with a RB spread as WR. Throw screens as your running game. A few QB draws by Milton. Some jet sweeps to Squirrel. Then air it out to Keyton or Webb. Get equal touches for Wright and Sampson.

On defense, stop running game. Make Max Johnson beat you with his arm. Force field goals.

What you got?

Run the ball down their throats and hit on a few passes.

Hound Johnson all day long.

Create a couple of breaks in the kicking game.

Milton will have to connect on some bombs. May only need 2-3 well timed long ones. Feels like points will come off big plays in this game as opposed to 10-12 play drives.

A&M QB will make mistakes. Defense needs to capitalize. I think they will.

Reactions: General Jack
On O: spread the field, decide where the numbers are. Pass route options with some seam routes. QB has to take couple of keeps on rpo’s. Take shots at unexpected times.
On D: solid coverage, minimize risks deep, make them drive long and see if 4 man rush can work. If not man up with safety protection and run disquised zone blitzes of edge.
We are not good at zone areas anyway!

Honestly, idk how the culture is at A&M. If we get up on them early they might throw in the towel

VN Store

Back