So we hung 59 on Uconn

Penalties and not getting off the field on 3rd down were the bugaboos again, but it really was a name your score kind of game. Milton was sharp, hitting receivers in stride, and Wright and Sampson were great. The defense gave up a lot of yards, but three defensive scores speaks for itself. Nico looked very good in his two series - he will be a monster with another 10-15 lbs.

Any improvement or weak opponent
Hard to say. We played how we were supposed to as has been said. I am also reading about the timing of the game. I think there are different ways of looking at it. Playing talented teams makes you better. Both Missouri and Georgia are facing their biggest challenges 1 and 2 weeks before playing us. Georgia adding Ole Miss in between our game with them. Meanwhile, we play a patsy team. Naturally take our first stringers out early in the first part of the second half and they get a lot of rest before two brutal games.

Personally, I have seen enough from our team to believe if we coach well with regard to kicking when we should and second half adjustments, get at least a closely officiated game, and our players stay healthy and play to their capability the entire game, we can beat absolutely anyone in the country.

So, my takeaway is not only was this good timing for our Vols to get some rest and build a little depth, our team showed us very little to worry about headed into 2 extremely important games.

For now, rooting for MIZ. They win, and we are back to controlling our destiny.

Last edited:
Emptied the bench, got some good quality work for a bunch of corners - we need improvement there in a major way if we’re going to beat Mizzou.

Joe Milton only has 6 incompletions in the last two games, this offense is starting To be what we hoped it would be after last year.

Hard to say. We played how we were supposed to as has been said. I am also reading about the timing of the game. I think there are different ways of looking at it. Playing talented teams makes you better. Both Missouri and Georgia are facing their biggest challenges 1 and 2 weeks before playing us. Georgia adding Ole Miss in between our game with them. Meanwhile, we play a patsy team. Naturally take our first stringers out early in the first half and they get a lot of rest before two brutal games.

Personally, I have seen enough from our team to believe if we coach well with regard to kicking when we should and second half adjustments, get at least a closely officiated game, and our players stay healthy and play to their capability the entire game, we can beat absolutely anyone in the country.

So, my takeaway is not only was this good timing for our Vols to get some rest and build a little depth, our team showed us very little to worry about headed into 2 extremely important games.

For now, rooting for MIZ. They win, and we are back to controlling our destiny.
Appreciate your thoughts

Reactions: vegasvolfan

VN Store

Back