What other message boards are saying (Mizzou Edition)

NO SIR EEE

The Sultan Of Swat
-I don’t wanna believe it, but the UGA loss may have broken this team.

-I wonder if Heupel will run it up again on us?

-Tigers 27 Vols 24, we get back on track

-I think we run the table starting this weekend against Tennessee, get a NY6 bowl and win that too!

-We’re going to have to play a very clean game Saturday if we wanna beat Tennessee.

-Tennessee scares me a bit because they look like they’re getting better week by week.

-This is a make or break game for Cook, he either nuts up or crumbles. Up to him.

-Call me crazy but I’ve gotta feeling we win by two touchdowns.

-Tennessee should be an easy win as well as Florida.

-Tennessee is overrated, we should steam roll them.

-This is a revenge game against that jackass Heupel and company. Our guys should come out with their hair on fire and the intent to destroy.

-Tennessee doesn’t have a “terrific” offense as some of you have mentioned above. Milton is a joke and we should be able to shut their run game down. Their run game has looked okay because they haven’t really played a strong defense when they gash folks on the ground.

-Milton is an interception machine, we should thrive.

-Tennessee isn’t a road team, go ahead and chalk this one up as a W.

-Tennessee isn’t even remotely as good as LSU. We should walk away with this game.

-By the start of the 4th quarter, we should have this game well in our hands. If we don’t, we’ve obviously made some boneheaded plays.

-Tennessee is one rough quarter away from self destruction mode. Let’s put them into it.

-UT doesn’t scare me at all, I mean who have they really looked good against?

-We were better than Georgia in all facets of the game and Georgia is far superior to Tennessee. Easy Dub!

-Why should we respect dirty ass UT after they decided to run the score up during our past two meetings??

-Cook and Schrader should absolutely rock Tennessee’s suspect defense Saturday.

-Have no fear! We’ll finish 10-2 with losses to LSU and Georgia. That’s respectable and I’m cool with it.

-This game against UT won’t be a cake walk, but we should stroll late.

We may or may not win this game, depends a lot on how our defense plays, but this dude is about to find out exactly how wrong he is:

“Their run game has looked okay because they haven’t really played a strong defense when they gash folks on the ground.”

You would think they were on the other end of the last two scores.

The biggest difference between Milton and Cook statistically is that Milton throws it less than Cook does. Less than 1% difference in their completion % against FBS opponents. Statistically UT is better on D across the board. Schrader is having a nice season. He averages over 5 ypc. UT has three guys averaging over 5 ypc. Wright leads every other SEC RB... by over a yd per carry.

UT has better "dudes". UT has a better coach. If Milton continues to play as he has then it comes down to UT's run game against Mizzou's good, not great, run D. I like the way that looks for the Vols.

Last edited:
-Tennessee doesn’t have a “terrific” offense as some of you have mentioned above. Milton is a joke and we should be able to shut their run game down. Their run game has looked okay because they haven’t really played a strong defense when they gash folks on the ground.

Yeesh, most of these posters are very cocky. I'm not sure why they think they are going to shut down our run game. Bama and A&M couldn't and their defenses are much better than Mizzou's.

Mizzou is a good team, but they are going to have to put up a lot of points through the air to beat us. They aren't going to shut our run game down and win 13-7 or any nonsense like that.

It's going to be a difficult game for us, but it's a winnable game all the same. O-line and secondary concern me a bit. OL has struggled on the road with penalties a lot and we have too many injuries there. And secondary has struggled without Hadden. I'm curious to see Banks' game plan here. Against Kentucky, he focused on stopping the run, but Leary ate us alive. I'm more afraid of Mizzou's pass game.

If I had to pick right now, I'd say we'll win a close one: 31-27 or something like that.

-I don’t wanna believe it, but the UGA loss may have broken this team.

-I wonder if Heupel will run it up again on us?

-Tigers 27 Vols 24, we get back on track

-I think we run the table starting this weekend against Tennessee, get a NY6 bowl and win that too!

-We’re going to have to play a very clean game Saturday if we wanna beat Tennessee.

-Tennessee scares me a bit because they look like they’re getting better week by week.

-This is a make or break game for Cook, he either nuts up or crumbles. Up to him.

-Call me crazy but I’ve gotta feeling we win by two touchdowns.

-Tennessee should be an easy win as well as Florida.

-Tennessee is overrated, we should steam roll them.

-This is a revenge game against that jackass Heupel and company. Our guys should come out with their hair on fire and the intent to destroy.

-Milton is an interception machine, we should thrive.

-Tennessee isn’t a road team, go ahead and chalk this one up as a W.

-Tennessee isn’t even remotely as good as LSU. We should walk away with this game.

-By the start of the 4th quarter, we should have this game well in our hands. If we don’t, we’ve obviously made some boneheaded plays.

-Tennessee is one rough quarter away from self destruction mode. Let’s put them into it.

-UT doesn’t scare me at all, I mean who have they really looked good against?

-We were better than Georgia in all facets of the game and Georgia is far superior to Tennessee. Easy Dub!

-Why should we respect dirty ass UT after they decided to run the score up during our past two meetings??

-Cook and Schrader should absolutely rock Tennessee’s suspect defense Saturday.

-Have no fear! We’ll finish 10-2 with losses to LSU and Georgia. That’s respectable and I’m cool with it.

-This game against UT won’t be a cake walk, but we should stroll late.

The Tennessee defense should SMOKE Missouri's ass and we have one of their own as our head baseball coach.

They’ve got a good season going and they may very well truck us, but these comments are a bit over the top. Moving to the SEC (southeastern, they are not) was a bad move for their football program’s record. The coast to coast ACC would be a more fitting conference for them at this point.

Heck, even Vanderbilt had a good season or 2 with Franklin and with Tennessee being our tribulation.

P.s. side note that no one cares about,
I stopped in Columbia, MO Applebee’s while traveling a few years ago and our waitress said after checking our ID, “oh, the South! I love the South. I miss it down there.”

It will probably be a dog fight in Columbia. Our front seven on defense will need to control the game. I think we will be able to run the ball effectively which should help our throw game as well. Fully expect Mizz to be in “prove we belong” mode.

Our pass rush has to show up. It’s gone stagnant the last 3 games. I worry about our secondary getting torched if the rush is not getting home. I believe this to be the key to victory for us. Offense will put up 250 rush yards on these guys. I think we can get 200 pass yards as well.
Aside from the no-holding calls slowing us down, think KY did a pretty decent job protecting their QB. Secondly, I think the game plan was more concentrating on stopping the run & their premier running back--which they did. An all-out blitz would probably leave too many large holes for their running backs. Just my opinion. Think you'll see more blitzes against Missou.

I have always wondered if Heupel was a bit peeved Missouri didn't even talk to him after they canned Barry Odom? Believe that was after his second year at UCF and looking back on it, Heupel did do wonders for their offense with Drew Locke.

While there are of course only two data points so far, he has kept throwing while way up vs Missouri.

The fact that Heupel does get a bet "petty" from time to time is one of the things I appreciate about the man

"Tennessee doesn’t have a “terrific” offense as some of you have mentioned above. Milton is a joke and we should be able to shut their run game down. Their run game has looked okay because they haven’t really played a strong defense when they gash folks on the ground"

Tell me you have no idea about a team without telling me.

VN Store

Back