The Official #7 Tennessee vs. #2 Purdue Game Thread, 8:00 PM ET, ESPN

Look, blaming refs is a loser move, but the two fouls on Aidoo and Awaka were daggers. Just weak calls. Then Mashack got hooked by Edey and they called foul on us. Those are tough, tough breaks.

Also, people complaining about Gainey’s shot selection need to realize he’s the only player outside Awaka that decided to score in the second half. We missed about 10 wide open 3’s. You hit 3 of those and that’s game over. ZZ and SV have to be better and Knecht has to learn to hold onto the ball.
48 FTs says otherwise.

That team isn’t #2 in the country. They weren’t good.

Do we need to play better? Absolutely, but that was a 10+ point win.

This..... They're gonna get better.
I’m not sure Purdue will but I definitely think we can. We put a lot of minutes on young guys in a final four type of game. This TN team is tough and has the fight that we wish the football team would have. Mark my words, we go farther than Purdue in the tourney.

Ziegler and Vescovi have to step up. Both need to put up more threes in the gym. Vescovi had some stupid fouls in this game.

Knecht hopefully learned that you can't be loose with the ball while dribbling in the lane.

Hopefully the team learns a lot from this game and can come away with a win tomorrow.

Purdue is a good team, no doubt.

Good early test for our guys. Need to figure out the shooting woes, but we stood blow for blow against the #2 team in the country.

NCAA needs to do something about the officiating though. Completely nonsense all night.

Reactions: gainesvol82
Eh, we all say it but we got absolutely ****ed by the refs. We got some nice calls as well, but that happens when there is 83 fouls called in one game. If we can just knock down some shots we are legit. Everyone needs to chill. With that said, I'm pissed the **** off still.

VN Store

Back