10-2 Next year, What say you?

Heupel has only been a head coach for 6 years so Golesh has been with him for half the time. I know we lost a lot of talent since Heupel has arrived, and I know talent covers a lot of warts, but there's just something off about this years team. Can't quite put my finger on it. It's kind of like having some old milk in the fridge. You smell it to see if it's okay. Doesn't smell like it's turned sour, but it doesn't smell right either. You just know something is wrong though.
Milton just isn’t a good qb. Add that with missing Wright and the playmakers at wr. I think Heupel was handicapped with this group.

You mean against UGA? That’s the only game we’ve had since the East was lost. Putting him out there against UGA seems like a bad idea. Hopefully we will see him against Vandy.
Short of a miracle, our shot was done when we lost to UF. I’m as big of a fan as anyone but I knew good and well we had 0 chance at beating GA. You did to. The difference is I’m willing to admit it.

Reactions: Orangeslice13
Short of a miracle, our shot was done when we lost to UF. I’m as big of a fan as anyone but I knew good and well we had 0 chance at beating GA. You did to. The difference is I’m willing to admit it.
What the hootenanny are you talking about? Your response makes absolutely zero sense.

Where are the Nico fans, I thought they would be predicting 12-0.

Will be Nico first year. Thats why he should have got much more playing time this yr. Example look how much Milro hss improved since the beginning of this yr. Nico will be coming in with no real game expeirence

Good post. Mays and Spraggins are the biggest recruits we have on the board for next year. NIL make it happen and let's keep them. If they did return (and my current thought is that neither does), then it could be argued that we are really only replacing Campbell at LT. Karic started occasionally when not hurt and was comparable to Lane (who really was a weak link all year). Let's the young guards and tackles grow up another year. I worry on the interior that neither Nichols, Clipper nor Reddick has even sniffed being a part of the rotation and all have been in the program for 2 years. Same could be said for Grant at tackle. If they return you could think our rushing attack would still be solid. Without a good OL, we may not be able to mount much of an offense next year, even if Nico is great.

Beyond the OL, our secondary has a ton of seniors as well, but they all suck and frankly I'm tired of seeing all of them on the field. All starting safeties, corners and Star position, I hope none of them return and if they do they shouldn't start. None of them are athletic enough.

If they return will Hype play them out of loyalty to them?

Some saying 6-6 are crazy. This schedule screams 9-3 or 8-4 at minimum. We have 4 out of conference cupcakes plus Vandy. We get Kentucky, Florida and Miss St at home. South Carolina should be a win as well. Plus we get a downtrending Arky team that will be breaking in a new QB. Schedule isn’t as dire as others are predicting, and that’s with Nico in his first full year

It hinges on the offensive line and who’s playing center. We saw what it looked like with Coop not in there. If he happens to come back or they strike gold in the portal then yeah 10-2 is a possibility.

Where are the Nico fans, I thought they would be predicting 12-0.

I would feel confident about more than 10’wins had Nico took over as starter vs UGA, Vandy, and Bowl Game. Now he’s gonna be rolling into 2024 pretty much raw with no real experience. Something tells me starting vs NC State, UTEP, and Kent State are necessarily the best teams to play against to get warmup SEC play

Vols may be lucky to finish 6-6 next year
How so?

Under no circumstance should Tennessee need luck to win these 7 games ...

Chattanooga (Home)
NC State (Charlotte)
Kent State (Home)
UTEP (Home)
Kentucky (Home)
Mississippi State (Home)
Vanderbilt (Away)

Of those games, NC State and Kentucky might be close .... but we tend to win those vs Kentucky.

Reactions: Orangeslice13

VN Store

Back