'24 Transfer Portal

Hindsight is 20/20 but yes they should have brought in a transfer last year. Even if he didn’t beat out Joe it would have left us with some quality depth for 2024.

I am also concerned in how Nico takes it if we bring in a transfer this year. I guess CJH shouldn’t worry about that and put the team first but it has to be on the back of his mind.
So you see no reservations a portal QB might have in transferring to UT after watching how Milton finished last season and knowing Nico was already on campus? Yeah, they were beating down Heupels doors. But hey, Milton is gone so it's just 5 star Nico and a 4 star freshman to beat out. I'm sure that changes everything. The line is already forming and if it isn't, Heupel will just go kidnap the one he wants and drag his arse to Knoxville anyway.

So you see no reservations a portal QB might have in transferring to UT after watching how Milton finished last season and knowing Nico was already on campus? Yeah, they were beating down Heupels doors. But hey, Milton is gone so it's just 5 star Nico and a 4 star freshman to beat out. I'm sure that changes everything. The line is already forming and if it isn't, Heupel will just go kidnap the one he wants and drag his arse to Knoxville anyway.
Glad you have confidence in our coach to sell our program and his system.

This would be a nice pick up if we are looking for a WR. 4 years of eligibility.

His recruiting thread. Camped here.

Last edited:
Glad you have confidence in our coach to sell our program and his system.
It's not about the program or system. It's about playing time. Transfers don't move to be part of a culture or to be backups....especially QBs. Unless they're chasing a dollar, transfers are moving because they aren't getting on the field. The QB room at UT with Hooker, Milton, Nico, and now Merklinger hasn't looked all that inviting for several seasons now. Not sure why this is so hard to understand.

VN Store

Back