Dear Toxic Tennessee fans—go play in traffic and have a terrible Christmas—we are lucky in spite of you.

So Jerry green rode O'Neills recruits for a couple of years, then started sucking again.
We sucked until Bruce Pearl came in 2005
Sucked again 2014-2016(Donnie Tyndall)
Then Barnes came in and is chasing Pearl (record wise)

Is this the coach that lost to Tennessee Tech at home?

Do you have a point or are you just throwing out random questions?

KO was popular with UT fans over his entire tenure. It was obvious that the program had turned the corner after Wade went 5-23 over his last 28 games starting with the historic 40-101 massacre at Rupp.

Do you have a point or are you just throwing out random questions?

KO was popular with UT fans over his entire tenure. It was obvious that the program had turned the corner after Wade went 5-23 over his last 28 games starting with the historic 40-101 massacre at Rupp.
Point is O'Neill never got team really anywhere...until he left.

Are you the guy that never played anything, yet astonishingly, are an expert on the game? Skip Bayless in the House?
Played basketball and other sports all my life. Watched Tennessee sports for 40+ years. You?

PS had some interest from colleges when I played in highschool, but I decided to pursue my education instead. You?

So Jerry green rode O'Neills recruits for a couple of years, then started sucking again.
We sucked until Bruce Pearl came in 2005
Sucked again 2014-2016(Donnie Tyndall)
Then Barnes came in and is chasing Pearl (record wise)

Tyndall was only the coach for one year. 2014-15.

And Buzz was a very good recruiter. He failed as a floor coach. It would have been interesting had Devoe joined his staff. DD wasn’t able to build a pipeline, but he was great at the Xs and Os and game management.

Wade, KO, and Donnie never made it to the NCAAT and Cuonzo only made it once in 3 years. But Cuonzo must be Bruce’s equal since they are the only UT coaches to go 3-1 in an NCAAT. Maybe Cuonzo is better than Bruce since he won 75% of his NCAAT games while Bruce won less than 60% of his. Bruce averaged 1.33 wins per year in his 6x NCAATs.

The most annoying fans in sports are the ones who make sure everyone knows how they are much better of a fan than others. Get over yourself.
Also, HECK NO.
*We* did not choose to fire Fulmer when he was fired and *we* did not botch the last FOUR hiring.
One last thing, stop blaming the officiating. Go away.

Tyndall was only the coach for one year. 2014-15.

And Buzz was a very good recruiter. He failed as a floor coach. It would have been interesting had Devoe joined his staff. DD wasn’t able to build a pipeline, but he was great at the Xs and Os and game management.

Wade, KO, and Donnie never made it to the NCAAT and Cuonzo only made it once in 3 years. But Cuonzo must be Bruce’s equal since they are the only UT coaches to go 3-1 in an NCAAT. Maybe Cuonzo is better than Bruce since he won 75% of his NCAAT games while Bruce won less than 60% of his. Bruce averaged 1.33 wins per year in his 6x NCAATs.
Strawman. You are better than that. 4 games does not equal a trend.

Played basketball and other sports all my life. Watched Tennessee sports for 40+ years. You?

PS had some interest from colleges when I played in highschool, but I decided to pursue my education instead. You?
Yeah, all that for 50+ years as a fan.

I didn't just have interest. I received formal offers and played collegiately. Also, pursued and obtained a B.S. in economics and a B.B.A in finance, with a minor in risk management.

I’m a Tennessee alum. Came here in 06’ because I wanted to go to a school with a big sports program, and be proud of my Alma mater.

I was a student Fulmer’s last year. I grew up a Michigan fan and I saw how two different programs conduct themselves. Michigan is similar in that Lloyd Carr was fired, probably before he should have been. And Michigan endured a decade of incompetence to pay for their decision of getting rid of a coach that won them a NC in 1997.

Tennessee pulled the same stunt with Fulmer. And we’ve been an absolute joke in football since. Firing Fulmer was the biggest mistake any major program has ever made. We went from
Being a blue blood to being a door mat, and a joke. Anyone that was vocally anti Fulmer and put pressure on the AD to act is responsible for the decade plus of incompetence.

If Tennessee was in the same position as Michigan was with Harbaugh, say—with Peyton Manning—and say Manning lost his first 3 or 4 games against Bama—they would have tarnished Manning’s legacy and probably chased him off. Michigan did the logical thing, fought to keep their guy—and now Michigan has defeated Ohio State 3 times in a row and will probably win a national championship this year.

And now I’m seeing many of the same morons cut from the same cloth—putting that same toxicity at Coach Rick Barnes.

If you need to spew venom and criticism—why not target the right thing. Officiating.

Tennessee has endured insane officiating across every major sport, and it’s not a coincidence. I don’t know why the officials have chosen to screw our school and our athletics; but they have. And it’s not an opinion. It’s not in my head.

Look at the stats. Heres the stats from this past football season.View attachment 598859

Check out the free throw discrepancy in Tennessee basketball games. It’s absurd. How much do we put up with before enough is enough???

If you must be toxic—aim that toxicity at the officiating and demand an inquiry or change at an institutional level.

Holding our coaches—who we are lucky to have—to absurd standards while not acknowledging the unfair level of play is insane and stupid.

To our whiny, annoying, toxic, embarrassing fan base—May you have a terrible Christmas and please go become an Alabama fan and annoy and embarrass those clowns. Christmas is the perfect time for you to get your transition completed and become the brave Alabama or Florida fan you know you really are Deep inside of you. I’m tired of you making the university I actually graduated from—look bad.

Thank you Coach Barnes, Coach Heupel, and Coach Vitello for being the best 3 coaches a school has across the major sports.

Go Vols!
God forbid fans question some stuff

Yeah, all that for 50+ years as a fan.

I didn't just have interest. I received formal offers and played collegiately. Also, pursued and obtained a B.S. in economics and a B.B.A in finance, with a minor in risk management.
Badminton doesn't count as a collegiate sport. If you want to challenge intelligence I am an Aerospace engineer supporting our warfighters. I don't see any profession as worthless, but protecting our warfighters is at the very top of the list.

Badminton doesn't count as a collegiate sport. If you want to challenge intelligence I am an Aerospace engineer supporting our warfighters. I don't see any profession as worthless, but protecting our warfighters is at the very top of the list.
I commend you. That's top shelf, professionally, and I am impressed. That being said, it doesn't make you an expert on basketball. I'm surprised an accomplished aerospace engineer would stoop to a petty "badminton" reference. Classy

I commend you. That's top shelf, professionally, and I am impressed. That being said, it doesn't make you an expert on basketball. I'm surprised an accomplished aerospace engineer would stoop to a petty "badminton" reference. Classy
I assumed based on the content of your posting, you never clarified what sport you played in college level.
But I did play basketball at a very competitive level for ~ 20 years, and I coached basketball for ~20 years, so I think I know basketball.

It was a rough program, but it allowed me to do what I do today. I love my school (graduated UTK in 2000). I have seen Tennessee athletics at its very best in a sports...so I tend to express my frustrations when I don't see appropriate effort.

Reactions: LibertyVolance

VN Store

Back