College Hoops Around The Country [TN opponents, RPI, others]

Best view of the KF injury yet. Certainly looks a bit like he flopped. Don’t see much there for an ankle sprain like Scheyer said.

Still doesn’t change my opinion that WF did a terrible job with security and court storming needs to stop.

Flip blatantly stuck his leg out in an attempt to trip the kid and shoved him at the same time. That was not the motion of a normal stride. I find comedy in the fact that he hurt himself trying to hurt a fan.

Last edited:
ACC will probably level some type of action against Wake Forest after Kyle Filipowski suffers sprained ankle following a court storming after Wake Forest upsets Duke.
Rest assured they wouldn’t make a stink if it was one of the other schools in that league. Dook and NC are the equivalent of Bama in SEC football as far as being favored.
One of the best Vol wins of all-time is when they sent Dook and their whiny coach home from the tournament.

Ha, true. Forgot about him. Which is kind of the perfect encapsulation of his season because he’s not getting as much attention as he probably deserves. Most things you hear about are just the freshmen.
Yeah, which is usually the case with them. Tshiebwe was kind of the exception to that, but he was a national POY and did things that hadn't been done in ages. I guess everyone likes the shiny new toy every year, and UK collects them. People forget about ol' reliable.

A great day for Wake Forest because they got their signature by upsetting an 8th ranked Duke team.
Wake Forest remains undefeated at home this season.

A Duke player did get hurt because of an unintentional collision with a Wake Forest Fan during the expected Wake Forest fans storming the basketball court.

I don’t want fans storming the court or field to be banned, however I wouldn’t be against some safety rules that are used.

1 could be is wait 30 seconds for the defeated team to move off the field or court.

A great day for Wake Forest because they got their signature by upsetting an 8th ranked Duke team.

A Duke player did get hurt because of an unintentional collision with a Wake Forest Fan during the expected Wake Forest fans storming the basketball court.

I don’t want fans storming the court or field to be banned, however I wouldn’t be against some safety rules that are used.

1 could be is wait 30 seconds for the defeated team to move off the field or court.

Problem is that amps up the crowd and makes the sudden rush even more likely to cause injury (albeit to fans). Just no way to do it safely, better option might be to have an open space outside the arena where people gather post game to celebrate. Let em calm down on the way out.

Obviously no way to know for sure, but my impression from watching the video was the Duke player initiated the contact. JMO

Obviously no way to know for sure, but my impression from watching the video was the Duke player initiated the contact. JMO

That's how I saw it. The student/fan was running and looked like wasn't paying attetion and tried to swerve and Flip flop forearmed him. They'll make this about storming the court and I think it is a discussion worth having but he should have restrained himself.

Last summer, Hardaway was suspended three games by the NCAA for recruiting violations and violating head-coach responsibility rules in a separate investigation.

More suspensions?

Reactions: knoxvol52
I turned in to the FAU vs Memphis game, and it just looked boring to me.

FAU just reminds me of a team who was Cinderella last year, but don't quite have that same magic this year.

Hardaway seems to be overall underwhelming at Memphis. I know it's Penny but to hire a guy straight out of the high school ranks as head coach was questionable and hasn't paid off.

I turned in to the FAU vs Memphis game, and it just looked boring to me.

FAU just reminds me of a team who was Cinderella last year, but don't quite have that same magic this year.

Hardaway seems to be overall underwhelming at Memphis. I know it's Penny but to hire a guy straight out of the high school ranks as head coach was questionable and hasn't paid off.
Big splash hire that turned out to just be a penny in a wishing well.

Problem is that amps up the crowd and makes the sudden rush even more likely to cause injury (albeit to fans). Just no way to do it safely, better option might be to have an open space outside the arena where people gather post game to celebrate. Let em calm down on the way out.
Yeah, and maybe have some EVs pre-parked for setting fire to.

Wait. Do I really want to put that in blue font?

VN Store

Back