Bruce Pearl & Candace Parker

Pearl gave the program a big boost while he was here and I think he still loves this place. I want to beat him when we play Auburn, but have zero bad will toward him. Candace is a smoke show and does a great job as a commentator on set. She’s a natural and knows the game. She’ll make a bunch of money as a TV sports personality going forward.

People that hate Bruce Pearl just suck as people and life would be happier if you removed such people from your life. Haters always hate no matter what.

Like a couple of posters on this thread. Must be a miserable life........
life would be happier if you removed such people from your life. Hey, you gave me an idea. Thanks...
And those 2 are definitely in the Minority. But I took the remedy.

People that hate Bruce Pearl just suck as people and life would be happier if you removed such people from your life. Haters always hate no matter what.
Yeah, I don’t get the hate. It’s a shame what went down that led to him being let go and it didn’t have to happen that way, imo. I will always like Pearl. He put us on the basketball map almost instantly.

I’m no Pearl apologist but he was very classy in his comments about RB and TN. You can tell he loves the place that gave him his first big opportunity. Candace was equally as classy talking about what BP meant to the resurgence of the program. They were fantastic together.
He got fired with cause and they still gave him a million dollar buyout on the way out. I’d love us too. Seriously though, he loves Tennessee, nobody doubts that. He did a good job last night. He wasn’t going to take shots, not that he would anyway. I’m just not going to get all emotional over him. Good run, it’s over, hasn’t been our coach in over a decade. Was here 6 mostly good seasons and now coaches another SEC team, which makes it impossible for me to be a fan of his. Just as I do t like Beard, Oats, Cal, didn’t like Stack, etc etc etc . You’re with us or you’re not.

Last edited:
He got fired with cause and they still gave him a million dollar buyout on the way out. I’d love us too.
He got fired for having a picnic. He still loves Tennessee. I don't care what anybody says, when Rick retires, I'd be okay with him coming back. He's a great coach.

He got fired for having a picnic. He still loves Tennessee. I don't care what anybody says, when Rick retires, I'd be okay with him coming back. He's a great coach.
That’s a lie. He got fired for lying to the NCAA and his bosses and having his staff lie. How do you all keep saying that? It’s an absolute lie. He got fired for lying and covering up his lie.

Both were gushing over Tennessee's win over Creighton, Bruce "GO VOLS" and Parker told Bruce "Don't be humble, You were the one who brought Tennessee Men's Basketball back to Prominence" (Paraphrased) Surreal Moment....... Deep down, Pearl Is a VOL.
He was actually tearing up while she talked. I think he would jump at the chance to come back.

I don’t understand all the people who keep repeating this narrative. He was fired because he got a show cause for 3 years!!! All he had to do was not lie, instead he did and told others too as well. Bruce got himself fired with stupidity.

I am glad we have Rick Barnes as our coach and wouldn't trade him for anyone. I'm not a fan that pines for the return of Bruce Pearl, but I do appreciate how important his tenure was to the resurrection of Tennessee's basketball fortunes. I have always felt that he has handled the subject of Tennessee with class and dignity when it comes up or he gets asked about it.

That’s a lie. He got fired for lying to the NCAA and his bosses and having his staff lie. How do you all keep saying that? It’s an absolute lie. He got fired for lying and covering up his lie.
He lied about a cookout. And later admitted he lied publicly. Have you ever lied about anything or to your boss? If so I hate you and hope you get fired from your job. 🙄

He also picked us to beat Purdue. The host put him on the spot and said “I love headlines, and you just picked a certain team off air to win this game. And I just want to hear you to say it on television.”

Reactions: Smokey19rt
He was lying about having a picnic. It was stupid to lie over something so trivial.

All true. But he served his punishment, and it’s way past time for everyone to just move on.

Bruce is in a good situation, and so is UT. So, it’s all good, all the way around.

I think it’s obvious that UT will always be a special place to him. And if presented with the opportunity, I think he’d likely run back to Knoxville.

No way, no how am I suggesting UT shouod make a move of any kind away from Coach Barnes. A class act and a great coach. But, if Coach Barnes surprisingly retired, I’d be just fine if UT looked at Bruce.

VN Store

Back