The Official #6 [2] Tennessee vs. #3 [1] Purdue Game Thread, 2:20 PM ET, ESPN

We were never getting a 1 seed. They were either going to put Arizona or NC as a 1 seed no matter how we did in the sec tournament.

I have never seen the media cape for a team and player in the history of the sport more than they do Zach Edey and Purdue. It’s freaking disgusting.
Media trying to drive a narrative they can sell. They are just toeing the company line. Average viewers want to feel like they are watching someone great. In reality they are all being duped into watching this bs..

Reactions: Kungfuman2000
Glad you’re not being difficult. Edey sucks and gets every call. He hooks, throws elbows and he’s friggin 7’ 4”. To think he just had one foul on him is just ludicrous. What game did you just watch.
The one I couldn’t get over was the blatant three step travel in the lane about midway through the second half

Does Knecht get POY?
You’re kidding right? Edey was anointed POY before the season started and the hype got even worse during the season. DK finishes second though which is pretty good for an unknown guy toiling at Northern Colorado before this year.

Reactions: SAPPER 5
It’s a bitter pill to take a loss from a team that doesn’t play “real” basketball. It’s basically….dribble around for a bit and then lob it in the air somewhere near the basket for the enormous guy to turn around and drop the tiny little ball in the basket. I swear it reminds me of U9 basketball when you’ve got some kids who are already a foot taller than others. Just boring, mindless, so easy a caveman can do it, strategy-less basketball.
On defense, he’s only mildly disruptive. I saw him purposely step out of the way many times when our guards drove in to the basket so as to avoid fouls.
Can’t believe of all the amazing and COMPLETE players in this years’ field of elite ones, they do the obvious and give POY to that guy. He has only the faintest athleticism. I mean, what’s his vert? Like, 2 inches?

UConn is a good defensive team but actually have a 7ft 2 Center to limit Edey. I could see UConn running away with it

Exactly. With a pulse inside on UCONN, Purdue will have a lot of problems. Edey towers over most teams. Playing a 7'2" guy, he ain't much bigger.

Reactions: vavolfan6
Glad you’re not being difficult. Edey sucks and gets every call. He hooks, throws elbows and he’s friggin 7’ 4”. To think he just had one foul on him is just ludicrous. What game did you just watch.

One foul is absurd, and he played almost the whole game

It was a Purdue home game almost. Vol fans tried but they couldn't compete.

But it’s closer!!!!! LA is so far. Think of all the Tennessee fans that can get to go to Detroit and pack the house and make it a home game. Why would we want the easier path? Detroit is just so close and I know that it’s going to be the thing that sends us to the Final Four.

Reactions: berryvol
I'm betting he will. Tobe and even Estrella are clearly better.
Yeah, I’m sure he wasn’t happy not playing most of second half. But he played intimidated, imo.

Tobe seems fearless. Estrella played the best he could and gave his all. The same with Estrella.

There’s no shame in losing in the elite 8, but I’m so disheartening and pissed off. We’re in a new good era for the Vols but this PoS low tier big 10 team has our number in multiple sports now. Why does god hate the Vols so much that he would somehow make us in some weird unofficial rivalry with Purdue of all schools.
I hate a school that is completely irrelevant. That’s the sad part. I wish we could play them regularly because for the most part they suck.

Reactions: Madscientistvol

VN Store

Back